Demo Blog

Day 59

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Today's list was lame, imma be honest. At least my shamrock shake surprise made today exciting! Parker may just be my new favorite server.... he is so freaking cute. Sigh.

Here is my shamrock shake intake so far:
2/25 - 1 medium (16 oz) 530 calories 1 small (12 oz) 400 calories
2/26 - 1 large (22 oz) 730 calories
2/27 - 1 medium (16 oz) 530 calories
2/28 - 1 large (22 oz) 730 calories

Total: 4 days 88 oz 2920 calories


Wow. Awesome. I totally dont have a problem or addiction...

Back to the music! here is today's list:

Reverend Girl - The Verve Pipe
*I Can't Tell You Why - The Eagles
Juno [Ra Ra Riot/Andrew Maury Remix] master - Tokyo Police Club
The Curse of Curves - Cute Is What We Aim For
Sea of love - Honeydrippers
Gilmore Girls Theme Song - Carole King
30 Days In The Hole - Humble Pie
Booty Man - Craig David
I Got You Dancing - Lady Sovereign
Hope To Carry On - Caedmon's Call
The Man Who Sold The World - David Bowie
Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys
The Moneymaker - Rilo Kiley
Panic [#][Outtake] - No Doubt
*Mr. Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan
Sam's Place - The White Stripes
Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
99 - Toto
I Should Have Known Better - The Beatles
Runnin' With The Pack - Bad Company
Chrome Plated Heart - Melissa Etheridge
Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio Feat. L.V.
When It Started - The Strokes
Mexico City - Jolie Holland


Beautiful song of the day: "I Can't Tell You Why" by The Eagles. Im noticing through this blog how much i love The Eagles. I blame my parents, they played them all the time when i was little. ("i was a player when i was little, but now im bigger" - random Justin Bieber lyric insertion of the day). I can listen to this song on repeat for a long time without noticing its on. Thats love lol. I love the simple way they describe that mystery of love and its origin with a partner. You dont know where it comes from, why its there, or why it wont go away. But you are positive it exists. And that you cant escape it.

Look at us baby, up all night
Tearing our love apart
Aren't we the same two people who live
through years in the dark?
Ahh...
Every time I try to walk away
Something makes me turn around and stay
And I can't tell you why


Do i smell burning hair? song of the day: "The Curse of Curves" by Cute Is What We Aim For. I used to straighten my hair daily (dude, i know... i was young, let it go). I had a few songs that i played every morning while i flat ironed it, kind of like a little ritual. This was one of them. Check out the crazy straight hair ness

P.S. - Im the one on the left. And yes, i used to be blonde.


The Chair award: "Juno [Ra Ra Riot/Andrew Maury Remix] master" by Tokyo Police Club. This one actually has NOTHING to do with the movie. But i thought it made a fun award title. "It started with... a chair." Great movie. I <3>
My life anthem award: "Booty Man" by Craig David. This song really captures my pimpin lifestyle. It is so accurate i could have written in myself:

One two buckle my shoe
three four step inside the venue and i
see in the corner of my eye
this beautiful girl
that's standing by the bar looking fly
she was like a beauty queen out of a magazine
looked about 19
five minutes talking next thing
it's her number being written


Story of my life man, its the story of my life.

Gold Star: "Mr. Tambourine Man" by Bob Dylan. This one makes me cry. But like, what the hell doesnt lately? Im seriously pregnant. Anyway - The tambourine man is a drug dealer. Dylan is an addict. Of course, that is my interpretation and you may feel differently.. Here is your mission, if you choose to accept it (which you should, as dedicated fans and readers of this blog). Download the song. Read the lyrics while you listen. Figure it out and lemme know what you come up with. Aaaannnndd BREAK.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.


More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,122
Days to Go: 306
1 comments more...

1 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!