Demo Blog

Day 56

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

I woke up late. I burnt my toast. I got coffee grounds in my coffee when i made it. Soooo.... LETS SHAPE THE FUCK UP THURSDAY, OKAY?!?! Get your shit together, i swear to God. I dont do "bad days". You are like, the day before friday. Start acting like it mother fucker. Alright.... sorry. Heres the list:

Wasted and Ready - Ben Kweller
Life Is Sweet - Natalie Merchant
*The Call - Regina Spektor
E.T.I. (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) - Blue Öyster Cult
*A Million Ways - OK Go
So Long - Sister Hazel
Hate 2 Love Her - Blake Lewis
Thick As A Brick - Jethro Tull
5 On The 5 - The Raconteurs
Leaving On A Jet Plane - Chantal Kreviazuk
So Into You - Atlanta Rhythm Section
Open Up Your Eyes - Tonic
The Circle Game - Joni Mitchell
*Don't Think Twice, It's All Right [Demo-Version] - Bob Dylan
Honey Bee - Tom Petty
Flavour Of The Week - American Hi-Fi
You're Innocent When You Dream - Jill Hennessy
Found Me Out - Parkway
Mittra Nai - Gurdeep Samra
Ask Me How I Am - Snow Patrol
*Clocks - Coldplay
Sally Go 'Round The Roses - The Jaynetts
Aaron's Party (Come Get It) / Interlude: Candy Call - Aaron Carter

Made me cry song of the day: "The Call" by Regina Spektor. I first heard this with someone special and never knew i had it on my itunes (it was from a mix from my sister). When it came on today the breath got caught leaving my lungs.... If you havent heard it, listen to it here. I played it all day, and it choked me up each time.

It started out as a feeling
which then grew into a hope


Sexy song award: "A Million Ways" by OK Go. This is possibly my favorite OK Go song. Here are my favorite part of the lyrics:

I should. I wish I could.
Maybe if you were I would.
A list of standard issue regrets.
One last 80 proof
Slouching in the corner booth.
Baby it's as good as it gets.

Oh such grace
Oh such beauty
So precious, suspicious, and charming, and vicious.
Oh darlin'
You're a million ways
Oh darlin'
You're a million ways to be cruel.


You like that huh? Duh, its fantastic. Get it here.

Badass Flute Solo Award: "Thick As A Brick" by Jethro Tull. I think this song is stupid. The only thing that saves it is the BADASS FLUTING! haha here is where badass fluting rates on my scale of awesome:

Good Music > Sex > Badass Flute Solo > Chocolate > Broccoli > Losing your left arm in a freak hula hooping accident > Kidney Failure > Killing babies > Synthesized Ogran Solos (this is directed at you, The Doors. its never okay)

Made me cry (AGAIN) song of the day: "Leaving On A Jet Plane" by Chantal Kreviazuk. Im serious, i was sniffling at the kitchen table. I dont know why, i really dont. But i couldnt help it. She is leaving.... on a jet plane... and says "babe" at one point which really got to me... i dont know/

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time, oh, let me kiss you
And close your eyes and I'll be on my way

Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times that I won't have to say ...

Oh, kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go

'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go


I know. its intense. Whatevs, im better now. This song makes me think of Armageddon hahaaha:

A.J.: You know what I was thinkin'?
Grace: What?
A.J.: I-I really don't think that the animal cracker qualifies as a cracker.
Grace: Why?
A.J.: Well cause it's sweet, which to me suggests cookie, and, you know, I mean putting cheese on something is sort of the defining characteristic of what makes a cracker a cracker. I don't know why I thought of that, I just...
Grace: Baby, you have such sweet pillow talk.

Best. Animal Cracker. Scene. Ever.


Sooo 6th grade song of the day: "Flavour Of The Week" by American Hi-Fi. I loved the line "He's too stoned, Nintendo" when this song came out... i was literally in 6th grade... i had no idea what the hell he was singing about but i liked video games. Hahahahaha oh youth. (Its still my favorite line)

Gold Star: "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right [Demo-Version]" by Bob Dylan. Have you heard this? you need to hear this. You need to download this. It is Dylan as i love him most. Check out these lyrics:

It ain’t no use to sit and wonder why, babe
It don’t matter, anyhow
An’ it ain’t no use to sit and wonder why, babe
If you don’t know by now
When your rooster crows at the break of dawn
Look out your window and I’ll be gone
You’re the reason I’m trav’lin’ on
Don’t think twice, it’s all right

It ain’t no use in turnin’ on your light, babe
That light I never knowed
An’ it ain’t no use in turnin’ on your light, babe
I’m on the dark side of the road
Still I wish there was somethin’ you would do or say
To try and make me change my mind and stay
We never did too much talkin’ anyway
So don’t think twice, it’s all right

It ain’t no use in callin’ out my name, gal
Like you never did before
It ain’t no use in callin’ out my name, gal
I can’t hear you anymore
I’m a-thinkin’ and a-wond’rin’ all the way down the road
I once loved a woman, a child I’m told
I give her my heart but she wanted my soul
But don’t think twice, it’s all right

I’m walkin’ down that long, lonesome road, babe
Where I’m bound, I can’t tell
But goodbye’s too good a word, gal
So I’ll just say fare thee well
I ain’t sayin’ you treated me unkind
You could have done better but I don’t mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time
But don’t think twice, it’s all right


FANTASTIC RIGHT??

Universal video clip montage song of the day: "Clocks" by Coldplay. This song is sooooo background music to damatic movie clips right? right? totally. Now check this video out - YOURE WELCOME.



More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,194
Days to Go: 309
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!