Demo Blog

Day 54

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Clockwork - Juelz Santana
Move to the Other Side of the Road - The Rocket Summer
Whisper - Alien Ant Farm
Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel
Broken Angel - Hanson
Just Don't Tell Me That - 'N Sync
Regular Guy - 2gether
Pink Houses - John Cougar Mellencamp
Hello - Sugarland
*Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
Stan - Eminem
Split Screen Silence - John Mayer
Jimmy Olsen's Blues - Spin Doctors
Playing Along - Keane
I Got Time (demo) - Mark Barry
Seed - Namoli Brennet
I'm Not Over - Carolina Liar
Hobgoblin - John Zorn
Attitude - Alien Ant Farm
Stay Where You Are - The Delays
A Little Place Behind My Eyes - Jessie Kilguss
Leave Like A Ghost (Drive Away) - The Juliana Theory
7 Days - Craig David
*This Place Is A Prison - The Postal Service
I Got Time (demo) - Mark Barry

Cliche but meh, i dig it award: "Seed" by Namoli Brennet. Its kind of a worn out bunch of ideas put back to back to a nice melody. But you know, im into it. i like it. i couldnt find lyrics to this song online, which ALWAYS blows my mind. The internet has everything right?? How can it fail??? its too mind blowing to think about. anyway, i typed up the lyrics so that they are now at least on the world wide web. Its my contribution. woo hoo.

grannys in the front yard
crazy like a fox with her housecoat and her mismatched socks
she doesnt look like a hell of a lot
but she still got a couple of things she knows yeah

one time im walking down the street she says
come over here girl sit down on my knee
ill tell you something someone told me a long long time ago

If the seed falls from the tree
let it alone
and if that seed never grows
then that seed was wrong

years later i married that guy
he was an asshole but still i had to try
i took the kids and left one night
cuz i remember what granny said and shes right

ill never let anyone take a bite out of me
well the apple never falls far from the tree

ive never been afraid to drive
for fear of losing ground or losing my mind
if was gone then it was never mine
i remember this everytime

If the seed falls from the tree
let it alone
and if that seed never grows
then that seed was wrong


"Pink Houses" by John Cougar Mellencamp is not about pink houses. if you didnt know. its kind of serious and sad.

And there's winners and there's losers
But they ain't no big deal
'Cause the simple man baby pays for the thrills,
the bills, the pills that kill


Its a pink house


AAAANNNNNDDD im in jr. high song of the day: "7 Days" by Craig David. This song is still kind of really amazing. I mean, you gotta love a guy who has his week so ironed out. So if today is tuesday, what should i be doing according to Craig David's pimp schedule? Lets check the lyrics of the chorus!

I met this girl on Monday
took her for a drink on Tuesday
we were making love by Wednesday
and on Thursday & Friday & Saturday we chilled on Sunday


Cool, i gotta take a girl out for drinks. Hmmm, i DID meet this hottie yesterday, she was really down to earth and shared my love of the Bachelor. And kept talking about how hot Ali (one of the Bachelor rejects) is. Hmmmmm.... drinks you say Craig? Drinks it is.

Oh and i love that he takes a day of rest on Sunday. Even we pimps need a break now and then.

WHAT THE FUCK AWARD: "Hobgoblin" by John Zorn. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!?!?! this isnt even MUSIC???? why the hell is this on my computer????? HOBO-GOBLIN??? thats the song title? really? I cant believe i had to listen to over 2 minutes of this shit. Please - feel my pain. (does empathy ever help in the healing?)

Gold Star: "This Place Is A Prison" by The Postal Service. It is beyond depressing if you let it be, but i like sad music:

I know there's a big world out there like the one i saw on the screen
In my living room late last night,
It was almost too bright to see
And i know that it's not a party if it happens every night
Pretending there's glamour and candelabra
When you're drinking by candlelight


Hidden Gem: "A Little Place Behind My Eyes" by Jessie Kilguss. I havent heard anything by her before - she reminds me of Ingrid Michaelson of Liz Phair. That kind of cool pop girl vibe. But she has a sick backbeat behind this song, it sounds like "Empire State of Mind" in the first few seconds. Check it out.

Leave it all behind song of the day: "Leave Like A Ghost (Drive Away)" by The Juliana Theory. Okay, is it just me or have there been a millipon songs in the last 5 years about running away? I mean seriously. It seems to be the go-to teen fantasy. Things are hard, youre a teenager, youre agnsty, you got in a fight with your bff about her ex bf thinking of you as a gf kind of, and you dont have a date for prom. So lets leave it all behind and drive til we get to california. See examples below:

"Leave Like A Ghost (Drive Away)" by The Juliana Theory:
Just drive away,
'Cause no one here will save you.
Drive away and don't look back,
You're gone.


"Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard:
if I could find you now things would get better
We could leave this town and run forever
I know somewhere, somehow we'll be together
Let your waves crash down on me and take me away


"Boston" by Augustana:
She said I think I'll go to Boston...
I think I'll start a new life,
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name


"Check Yes Juliet" by We The Kings:
run baby run
don't ever look back
they'll tear us apart
if you give them the chance
don't sell your heart
don't say we're not meant to be
run baby run
forever will be
you and me


My response to these sentiments comes in the form of Dexter Freebish lyrics:
'Cause I remember how we drank time together
And how you used to say that the stars are forever.
And daydreamed about how to make your life better by
Leaving town, leaving town.


You know, the rate of teen runaways has been rising and i think ive found out why. Listen guys... its all going to be okay. It may suck now, but things move forward and change. It will get different. You will be alright. Dont run away to California, just chill the fuck out. You got this.

Dubs made a special request for an update, so here it is :)

"Most Influential Friend Award" Update:
Songs from Schen-lah so far: 86
Songs from Mallo so far: 23
Songs from Dubs so far: 85
Songs from Ian so far: 24

More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,240
Days to Go: 311
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!