Demo Blog

Day 40

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

*What Was I Thinkin' - Dierks Bentley
Slow Down - The Beatles
*Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
Long And Lonely Road Hawk Nelson
We Are Family - Sister Sledge
Love Is Looking For You - Miranda Lambert
Career Of Evil - Blue Öyster Cult
Weekend Wars - MGMT
Is That All You've Got For Me - The Donnas
Neptune City - Nicole Atkins
That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain and Tenille
Better Than It Was - Fastball
Come Pick Me Up - Ryan Adams
Pushin' Too Hard - The Seeds
Milk Cow Blues - Various Artists
Mr.Big Stuff - The Staple Singers
Talk of the Town - Jack Johnson
Boarded Doors - The Morning Benders
*Build Me Up Buttercup The Temptations
Over You - Matt Wertz
Don't Worry Baby - Beach Boys
Soni Lagdi (Hola Seniorita Mix) - Kais

My life's theme song of the day: "What Was I Thinkin'" by Dierks Bentley. This really is a perfect song for me. Some days i look back and really struggle to answer the question "What was i thinking?" Most times while its happening, i know that its a bad idea and i should rethink things, but fuck it. Sometimes that little white tank top is all it takes.... mmmmm....

oh i knew there'd be hell to pay
but that crossed my mind a little too late
cause i was thinkin bout a little white tank top sittin right there in the middle by me,
i was thinkin bout a long kiss man just gotta get goin where the night might lead
i know what i was feelin but what was i thinkin?


Gold Star: "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind. DO DO DO, DO DO DO DO! Ahhh i love this song! i know that its about crystal meth and all that but come on. Its still really really really fun to listen to! Its a total head bobbing, cranked up and cruisin kind of thing.

Those little red panties they pass the test

;)


Cliche love song of the day: "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain and Tenille


Middle Finger Award: "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings. Okay, so story time (and the audience goes "yayyy!!!"). So my friend Bree from Altoona is in a band called Rain Must Fall. They formed last summer and were having their first live show in Bethlehem. I decided to make the drive to support them (cuz im a good friend) and got there no problem. It was a cute little coffee shop and the first half of the set went great. On the break some of the band stepped outside to smoke so i joined them on the street. While we are chatting a car pulls up to the red light BLASTING "That's Not My Name" by the Ting Tings. Now, i love this song. Im happy that this song exists, and was very happy it was playing. So i gave a supportive fist pump and "woot!" to the two girls in the car, adding "I love this song!" Then? Then. The driver flipped me off and gunned through the now green light, addictive pop beat fading into the distance. The people i was with started cracking up, as confused as me and loving the look on my face. Now, HOW IS THAT OKAY?!?!? i was being supportive! I was being nice! I was being friendly! and i got the middle finger in hatred. It hurt, it really did. We retold the story like 12 times when we got back inside hahaha, at least it was funny enough. It still stings. Sigh. Whoever you are out there, i hope you read this someday and know i was sincere. I really do like that song. Anyway...

Utah Mix Award: "Come Pick Me Up" by Ryan Adams. Marcie makes me these AMAZING mix Cds for my ski trips to Utah. This was on the one for 2008 and puts me right back on the plane. Its a great falling asleep song.

Hidden Gem: "Weekend Wars" by MGMT. This song keeps playing on my iTunes and iPod so i feel like im meant to hear it. Like i havent been listening to it intensely enough and am missing something in it's message. So i guess ill try harder? Sorry? hahaha heres the youtube link.

Try to break my heart I'll drive to Arizona.
It might take 100 years to grow an arm
I'll sit and listen to the sound of sand and cold
Twisted diamond heart, I'm the weekend warrior
My predictions are the only things I have
I can amplify the sound and light and love

I'm a curse and i'm a sound,
When I open up my mouth,
There's a reason I don't win,
I don't know how to begin


I think i know now what the song was trying to show me. Got it.

Nice song award: "Neptune City" by Nicole Atkins. Its a nice song.

My first album that wasnt Disney was All the Pain Money Can Buy by Fastball. It is still my favorite CD of anyone, if i had to chose. "Better Than It Was" is a fun track from that album, you should check it out.

Almost Gold Star: "Build Me Up Buttercup" by The Temptations. This is one of my top 10 favorite karoke songs! haha cant you just picture it? its fun. Last night i was listening to this playlist kind of late and when this song came on my cat was asleep beside me. Basically, i started serenading him and it turned into "Build me up Frisco-cup." Our relationship may be reaching increasingly creepy and inappropriate levels....

Okay, KIND OF AWESOME song of the day: "Soni Lagdi (Hola Seniorita Mix)" by Kais. Its a Banghra tune and it samples from "Hot in Here" by Nelly. YEAH. yeah it rocks. Download it here!


More to come tomorrow


Songs Left: 7,567
Days to Go: 325
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!