Demo Blog

Day 35

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

As of today i have listened to over 800 songs! Woo hoo! thats like, the 10% mark right? ish? cool. im down with that. Heres todays list:

Frankenstein - The Edgar Winter Group
240 Years Before Your Time - The Black Keys
Godzilla - Blue Öyster Cult
She Bangs - Ricky Martin
*Brass In Pocket - The Pretenders
Cold Spring - Cymbals Eat Guitars
CIU - Does It Offend You Remix - Hadouken!
Deja Vu - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
I Still Believe - BBMak
Baby I Need Your Loving - The Four Tops
I Don't Even Know Your Name - Alan Jackson
Submarines of Stockholm - AC Newman
I Drive Myself Crazy - 'N Sync
Nocturnal - Eve 6
Alive - Pearl Jam
Little Red Book - The White Stripes
What About Now - Lonestar
*Buddy Holly - Weezer
*Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin
The City Is At War - Cobra Starship
Tush - ZZ Top
The Ex - Billy Talent
*You Could Be Happy - Snow Patrol


Almost Gold Star Award: "Brass In Pocket" by The Pretenders. According to Wikipedia this "was the seventh video played during MTV's launch on August 1, 1981." So it has to be true since its on Wikipedia.... right? Totally. I love this track. More cowbell!!! I usually dont post the lyrics to the whole song but i need to share the amazingness with you. Some of it makes sense - other lines are up for interpretation. Check it out:

I got brass in pocket
Got bottle, I'm gonna use it
Intention, I feel inventive
Gonna make you, make you, make you notice

Got motion, restrained emotion
I been driving, Detroit leaning
No reason, just seems so pleasing
Gonna make you, make you, make you notice

Gonna use my arms, gonna use my legs
Gonna use my style, gonna use my sidestep
Gonna use my fingers, gonna use my my my imagination

'Cause I going make you see
There's nobody else here, no one like me
I'm special, so special
I got to have some of your attention, give it to me

I got rhythm, I can't miss a beat
I got new skank, it's so reet
Got something, I'm winking at you
Gonna make you, make you, make you notice

Gonna use my arms, gonna use my legs
Gonna use my style, gonna use my sidestep
Gonna use my fingers, gonna use my my my imagination

'Cause I going make you see
There's nobody else here, no one like me
I'm special, so special
I got to have some of your attention, give it to me'


Latin Lova Award: "She Bangs" by Ricky Martin. This shit came on while i was in the shower. I mean, can you ask for a better way to start the day? I rocked the shit outta my shampoo bottle. I love this song.

I got this off of a myspace profile quote song of the day: "Diary of Jane" by Breaking Benjamin. Before Facebook let high school kids on, there was a magical place called myspace. Anyone remember that? The trailer park cousin of Facebook? I mean, what did we do before status updates and picture tagging? Insanity. I read a line from this song on a certain person's page (you will go unnamed) and googled it. It has become one of my favorites, even though its a little harder than my usual stuff. Here's the infamous line:

Try to find out what makes you tick.
As I lie down
Sore and sick.
Do you like that?
Do you like that?

There's a fine line between love and hate.
And I don't mind.
Just let me say that
I like that
I like that


you see the allure, yeah?

Country jam of the day: "What About Now" by Lonestar. Yes, its cheesy. Yes, its kind of annoying. And yes, i adore it. Sometimes its just what you need.

Gold Star: "Buddy Holly" by Weezer. Weezer was my main band in J-high, i listened to their first 3 albums all day 'er day. Plus now when i hear this song i think of Doppelganger week on facebook and crack up. I wish i looked just like buddy holly.

I heard "Cold Spring" by Cymbals Eat Guitars for the first time today and can dig it. The lyrics are a little much, i mean some of the wormhole and bones imagery is heavy. But it paints a solid picture of a cold spring day, and you can tell the backstory is tragically beautiful. Its very honest. You should take a listen.

Hidden Gem: "CIU Does It Offend You? (Remix)" - Hadouken!. (once again, confusion with the period after exclamation point. sigh). This song is TIGHT! wow, i love it.The lyrics remind me of some techno ish party songs i like, but it has a much more of a rock feel. "Download it if you are feeling crazy. It comes highly recommended.

More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,681
Days to Go: 330
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!