Demo Blog

Day 33

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Its a good list today! Yay! I hope everyone enjoyed Groundhog's Day, i know i did. I mean, its basically the best holiday in the history of the planet. DUH. See, i lived in Punxsutawney for a year soooo i kind of got really into the groundhog thing. When you wait 5 and a half hours in 20 degree weather to see a groundhog, you get a new appreciation for the spectacle. I LOVE YOU PHIL! You did a great job today buddy!



Anyway.... heres the playlist:

Turn It On - Franz Ferdinand
Last Christmas - Wham!
Sixteen - No Doubt
Jesus... - Eve 6
Suicide - Ste Mak
Bomb - Bush
*Screaming Infidelities (Remix) - Dashboard Confessional
You Like Me Too Much - The Beatles
Mad Ape - Judi Chicago
Just Got To Be - The Black Keys
Jawani Ne Mastani Ne (DJ BSP) - Kings of VanCity
I Shall Be Released - Bob Dylan
Moondance - Jonathan Rhys Meyers
*Collide - Howie Day
Work This Out - Cast of High School Musical
They Do, They Don't - Jack Johnson
*Melissa - The Allman Brothers Band
It's One Of Those Nights (Yes Love) - David Cassidy & The Partridge Family
Dogra Sun Lalkara - Kray Twinz
Rab Di Sau (Aujla Reflix) - Bhinda Aujla - PCUK
Wiseman - Slightly Stoopid
Lights Out - We Fell To Earth
Waiting - Santana
Not Dark Yet - Bob Dylan

Um, its February Award: "Last Christmas" by Wham!. (should i have put a period there after Wham!'s exclamation point? I am not sure.... punctuation intimidates me... weve been over this. its why i dont use 's very often. im a rebel.) I blame Wham! for putting Christmas songs in my head ALL DAY. Just ask anyone i work with, i was unbearable hahaha. "Just hear those sleigh bells jingling...:"

Dramatic much? song of the day: "Suicide" by Ste Mak. This is the guy who was 1/3 of the insanely cute British Pop sensation BBMak. He was the snuggly one. I actually met them in Hershey and got a hug from Ste. Not that im bragging or anything... He smelled really good. So ive tried to keep liking his solo music, but come on. To quote a favorite youtube video of mine: "the gayest man on earth would call this over the top" (your welcome schen-lah)

THIS SONG IS STALKING ME song of the day: "Screaming Infidelities (Remix)" by Dashboard Confessional. Seriously iTunes, WHAT THE FUCK? Alright, so this song has seriously been stalking me. Seriously. I have heard it multiple times a day by accident for the last week. First it came on iTunes shuffle a day.... no big deal right? Then it came on my iPod once or twice while shuffling... weird but still okay. Then it was on a mix CD in my car unbeknownst to me. Getting creepy. Then it was on a different mix CD in my boombox while i showered. What the hell. Then it came on my iPod again the next day. Im freaking out. It came on when i was listening to XM radio. This is not okay. Then im waiting for Chem to start Monday and it came on again. I tried to skip it, and my iPod froze. YES, ladies and gentlemen, it FROZE. While still playing the song. It didnt unfreeze until the whole song had played. Im so scared i almost pee my pants. Then i put on my list this morning when i wake up, not looking at it while it plays. And you know what? when this song came on, i just... i quit. Im done. YOU WIN "SCREAMING INFIDELTIES (REMIX)" BY DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL. you win. im done fighting. Freakiest shit ever. What did i do to deserve this? sigh. At least its a good song.

Hidden Gem: "Just Got To Be" by The Black Keys. I enjoy the Black Keys as a band, but i cant tell their songs apart. Does that even matter? haha im not sure, but i like them. A lot. Like, like them like them. Do you think they like me back? I think im gonna ask them to the Y-Dance this friday. Should i AIM them or pass them a triangularly folded note written in gel pen? Decisions decisions.

Ohhhh, right award: "I Shall Be Released" by Bob Dylan. While listening to this one today i finally realized its about a guy in prison. I know, im a genius. I always took it one step further, so i never noticed the literal meaning. When i have heard it before i imagine heartbreak or another self-built prison, like addiction. I picture the weary broken hearted, praying for the day when love eases its white-knuckle grip. The day they finally can breathe freely. The day they are released. The day their mistress is banished to a place even more distant than a memory. I guess it is about a guy in prison, sure. But any good song is always about more.

They say ev'rything can be replaced,
Yet ev'ry distance is not near.
So I remember ev'ry face
Of ev'ry man who put me here.
I see my light come shining
From the west unto the east.
Any day now, any day now,
I shall be released.


Badass harmonica award: "Moondance" by Jonathan Rhys Meyers. This is from the August Rush soundtrack. I love that the guy form Bend it Like Beckham sings it hahaha. So random right? This is a cool version of a great song, plus it has a badass harmonica solo (see, thats where the awards name comes from...) Two lines for you to dream about:

You know the night's magic seems to whisper and hush
And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush


Three Banghra songs today? Really? (thats the indian hip hop music stuff, for those of you who arent regular readers. Just think Slumdog Millionaire... "Jai ho...")

Gold Star: "Melissa" by The Allman Brothers Band. It NARROWLY beat out "Collide" by Howie Day. This song seems more honest, which is why it won. If you dont have it you should download it for sure. It tells the story of a nomad who roams, always thinking of a girl he loved once. This is one where the instruments tell the story better than the lyrics can. The steady thumping bass as a heartbeat; the rhytym guitar as the warm wind in the tree leaves; the drum as his feet hitting hard packed dirt roads; and the lead guitar wailing his simple, one noted desire. Sigh. THAT is why you should download this one. Gold star.

Alright... so listen... i usually only post videos that can somehow maybe tie into my blog right? well this one is just so hilarious. I dont really think it needs a tie in. I need to release it unto the world so its light may shine and all that shit. BUT if i have to tie it in i have a way. When Howie Day's "Collide" came on i remembered a great fanvid i saw for Imagine Me & You (i know the gay ladies know what im talking about... all two of you who are reading this). I youtubed for a while trying to find said video and failed. Very tragic. BUT i did rediscover this Blair/Serena thing that cracks me up. Its too perfect. Enjoy.


(see, i can always tie shit in. i shoulda been a lawyer or something)

Lets talk about "Collide" by Howie Day. Shit's about to get real. I hesitate to post anything about this song, mostly because it feels so personal. But at this point it feels safe enough, i guess. Here it goes. The first few lines take me back to a moment so powerful, so real:

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you


The scene that runs through my head when i read this? It was the morning of friday, July 14th, 2006. I had a long crazy night with my then-new-best-friend. She was an incredibly sexy and spontaneous new wonder to me. I was instantly hooked and even soon obsessed. We fell asleep late as hell thursday night, topless and in boy short underwear. The next morning, i woke up before she did. I looked over to my right and saw her bare back, covered near the bottom by one of my sheets. Her head was turned the other way, away from me. The sun was just starting to shine through a crack in my curtain, and it landed perfectly on her. I laid there, my breath stolen, my heart racing. I realized i didnt just like this amazing creature as a friend. It was more than that. And i realized that i wanted to wake up next to a woman, one as beautiful as her, for every morning of everyday until i died. That nothing had felt more right than that being my first sight of my day. As i realized all this, this song by Howie Day came into my mind. I sang it quietly to myself, scared she would wake and break the dream. When she finally rolled over she smiled, i smiled, and nothing else seemed to matter.

Thats what i think of when this song plays. If you listen closely to the guitar and harp in the introduction, you might just see a 17 year old girl grinning with a tear in her eye.

More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,726
Days to Go: 332
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!