Demo Blog

Day 41

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Okay quick comment before we start - did you guys know it snowed in central PA today? i thought maybe you might not have heard about it. Its not something a lot of people have been discussing or anything. And with that breaking news update, onto a day of delicious musical goodness!

Cecelia - Simon & Garfunkel
Slow Motion (Remix) - Lil Wayne
*Closer - Joshua Radin
Rock & Roll, Part 2 - Gary Glitter
Digital Get Down - 'N Sync
Dead Man (Carry Me) - Jars of Clay
No You Girls - Franz Ferdinand
Body Language - Queen
I Wanna Learn A Love Song - Harry Chapin
Power Rangers Theme, Mario Paint Style - WireTap Pro
*Your Winter - Sister Hazel
Oyeme - Enrique Iglesias
So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star - The Byrds
Old Brown Shoe - The Beatles
Don't Make Me Over - Dionne Warwick
*I`ve Just Seen a Face - The Beatles
A Day Late - Anberlin
Welcome To The Family - A Day To Remember
Solsbury Hill (Live) - Peter Gabriel
Love Me Good - Michael W. Smith
*Losing My Religion - R.E.M.
Only the Good Die Young - Billy Joel
*Phantom Limb - The Shins


Good morning awesomness award: "Cecelia" by Simon & Garfunkel. You just cant listen and resist those boys' harmony for long! My dad instilled an appreciation for Paul and Art when i was pretty young. I love almost anything they touch.

Play on repeat and cry in the fucking shower song of the day: "Closer" by Joshua Radin. Seriously guys, this one is rough. I found it by watching an episode of Scrubs it was featured in. After i downloaded it was sob fest 2006 for about two hours. Ugh, its too good sometimes. Now i hear it and kind of make fun of myself cuz its not that sad. Okay, maybe its still a little sad....

So, we're alone again
i wish it were over
we seem to never end
only get closer
to the point where i can take no more


Now i wanna go bowling award: "I`ve Just Seen a Face" by The Beatles. I hate that i didnt know about slash love this song before Across the Universe came out. But i didnt, and after i heard it i was hooked. They do a fantastic job at describing that rush of like at first sight, the giddy gum drop fairy tale beginning to spin, the sweaty palm anticipation of intimacy. It almost makes you wanna fall in love again. Almost.

Hidden Gem: "Old Brown Shoe" by The Beatles. Here is a Beatles song ive never heard, its off of an anthology set. I like it a lot. Plus its a fun song title lol.

Thank you Schen-lah award: "Power Rangers Theme, Mario Paint Style" by WireTap Pro. She rips these tracks off of youtube for me sometimes with her wiretap pro program. Its a pretty cool thing, especially when it means songs like this are in my library forever now :)


yes, yes this is kind of the most amazing thing you have ever seen. You are correct.

Not so cryptic 90's song of the day: "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M. (double period here? help! punctuation! ah!). So i heard once that its a song about dancing. Although i think its about a lot more than that, i like the idea of using the phrase "losing my religion" to say "dancing." I have a thing about lyrical imagery of dancing, its one of my favorite running themes in music. Things like "dancing in the dark," "do you wanna dance?" "tiny dancer," etc are multi-faceted for me. So known this song is about dancing makes me like it that much more. I listened to it a lot when i came out (duh, i had some faith issues with it all. me and the G-man are all good now though) and it reminds me of that teen angst phase. sooooo good. The video is kind of whack and amazing too haha.

Every whisper
Of every waking hour I'm
Choosing my confessions
Trying to keep an eye on you
Like a hurt lost and blinded fool, fool
Oh no, I've said too much
I set it up
Consider this
Consider this
The hint of the century
Consider this
The slip that brought me
To my knees failed
What if all these fantasies
Come flailing around
Now I've said too much
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream
That was just a dream


Phantom Limb pain is the phenomenon that occurs when amputee patients still feel a pain where their missing appendage used to be. Keep that in mind for some of these "Phantom Limb" lyrics by The Shins:

This town seems hardly worth our time,
And we'll no longer memorize or rhyme,
Too far along in our climb,
Stepping over what now towers to the sky,
With no connection.


I think some heartbreak can fall into the category of phantom limb pain. i think most of mine does.

More to come tomorrow


Songs Left: 7,544
Days to Go: 324
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!