Demo Blog

Day 53

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

The Nicest Kids In Town - James Marsden
All The Young Dudes - Mott The Hoople
*Another Girl Another Planet - The Only Ones
Puth Jatt Thaa - Jassi Sidhu
When Doves Cry - Prince
Christmas Tree - Lady GaGa
If I Wanted To - Melissa Etheridge
*Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Space Travel - Bush
I'd Rather Be In Love - Michelle Branch
All My Loving - The Beatles
The Most Beautiful World In The World - Harry Nilsson
Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
Country Comforts - Rod Stewart
*I'm So Tired - The Beatles
Naked Sunday - Stone Temple Pilots
About Her - Malcolm McLaren
You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes
Agiya Valait Mitro - Labh Janjua
Jealous Kind - Jars Of Clay
No More Cloudy Days - The Eagles
Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Second Chance - .38 Special
Vultures - John Mayer

Hairspray = Awesome Award: "The Nicest Kids In Town" by James Marsden. Is it lame that when they did role call and got to Link i like, squealed? I cant help it.... Zac is just so pretty....

Sounds Like David Bowie song of the day: "All The Young Dudes" by Mott The Hoople, I looked it up and it turns out David Bowie wrote this song ahahah. I knew it. I couldnt figure out what movie it was in and it was bugging the crap out of me. So i googled it and drum roll please... JUNO. It was in Juno. It feels so much better after you figure those things out doesnt it?

Hilarious nautically themed story award: "When Doves Cry" by Prince. We took a family trip to the Outer Banks, NC with about 21 people one summer (summer '05). We had a big house on the beach in a secluded area, so we had fun fishing and finding shells and things you dont get to do at crowded beaches. We noticed how many small fish rode in on the crests of waves and went out with the tide. There were some bigger guys that would chase them in and out - very fun to watch. I decided to try and catch some, so dad took me to a novelty shop a couple miles away and we got 2 crab fishing nets (basically ones kids use to catch butterflies. Or to hit each other in the heads with). I ran around that day trying to catch the fish, singing "When the Doves Cry" for 4 hours on loop (not an exaggeration, i was doing this for 4 hours). I caught 11 fish. We put them in a hole we dug a ways up the beach that was deep enough. The little kids loved it, they were playing with the fish the rest of the day. I CAUGHT 11 FUCKING FISH PEOPLE. With a tiny net. Chasing waves. For 4 hours. I got a hell of a tan that day :)

Gold Star: "Another Girl Another Planet" by The Only Ones. I heard this song on an indie movie i watched on demand a day in Asheville. The movie wasnt that great, but i loved certain scenes. One of the best featured this song - ive been hooked ever since. The line that made me remember the song and decide to download it? Its in bold:

You get under my skin
I don't find it irritating

You always play to win
I don't need rehabilitating

I think I'm on another world with you
I'm on another planet with yo
u

When i heard it, i remember thinking that i couldnt wait to have the feeling of being on another planet with someone. Its an interesting way to describe that part of love - the way it can separate two people into a bubble of their own reality. Good or bad, it sure is true. Or the songs about heroin. Meh. Either or.

Makes me want to pollute award: "The Most Beautiful World In The World" by Harry Nilsson. Stupid song. A truly stupid stupid stupid song.

Inspires me to write a letter song of the day: "Country Comforts" by Rod Stewart.

Dear Rod Stewart,
I hate you. I really do. I dont just hate your music, but i hate you as a person. I dislike you to the point of murder. The only reason i havent killed you is "Maggie May." Its your one saving grace. You are very lucky. I hope you die a painful death of unnatural causes very very soon.

Sincerley,
The Pilge


Hidden Gem: "About Her" by Malcolm McLaren. Damn, this one emotes something fierce. It says a lot without words, which is my favorite music. It would deliver the same message even if you took out the lyrics. Check it out.

Sexy fucking song of the day: "Vultures" by John Mayer. MMMMMMM. This album (Continuum, if youre not a huge Mayer fan and dont know what this ones from.... AKA if youre lame) is one i can listen to twice in a row and not mind. It sounds like fall though, which is confusing. Have a listen.

Wheels up
I got to leave this evening
Can't seem to shake these vultures
Off of my trail
Power is made, by power being taken
So I keep on running
To protect my situation

Down to the wire
I wanted water but
I'll walk through the fire
If this is what it takes
To take me even higher
Then I'll come through
Like I do
When the world keeps
Testing me, testing me


More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,264
Days to Go: 312
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!