Demo Blog

Day 52

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Day 52. If you put that into a calculator and turn it upside down guess what it says? Go on, try it..... ill give you a minute....

haha amazing isnt it? :)

Heres the list:

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
*Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Workshop Of The Telescopes - Blue Öyster Cult
First Time - Hawk Nelson
Staring Problem - No Doubt
How You Remind Me - Nickelback
Ashes Ashes - Hidden in Plain View
Chattahoochee (Extended Mix) - Alan Jackson
Dying Star - Nickel Eye
Yaar Kure (Twerk It) [Bhinda Aujla feat MC Lycra & Priya] - DJ Vix
Jamie - Weezer
Rusted Wheel - Silversun Pickups
The Ebony Masque - Centre County Band 2002
The Ballad of Michael Valentine - The Killers
No Fear - Dr Zeus
*Layla - Derek & The Dominos
My Baby Got Sauce - G. Love and the Special Sauce
Cheek to Cheek - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Blue Veins (Acoustic) - The Raconteurs
Running Up That Hill - Placebo
Highway To Hell - AC/DC
Happier - Guster
The Birthday Wars - Oxford Collapse


Why yes, thank you itunes, this IS a fantastic wakeup song! award: "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond. This makes me think of Glee. And Saving Silverman. And this hot girl Caroline that i partied with once. WIN.

Chillin Mix Award: "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Okay, so have i told you about The Chillin Mix yet? It was this mix CD i made senior year for me and ash and dani a night. It was basically Epic and became our anthem for the summer. It was always in her car when we cruised or in a boombox by the pool and firepit. This was track 5 (yes, i have them all memoriezed) and we ALWAYS "turned it up". I mean, the guy tells you too in the first 5 seconds. It would be rude not to. I MISS YOU NUMERO UNO!!! (im pretty sure she doesnt ever read this but fuck it)

Gold Star: "Layla" by Derek & The Dominos. This song is AMAZING. I love the complete switch into piano land after all the crazy electric guitar shredding. Each of the two sections were written by completely different people, but they work so well together. The meaning of this one is obvious - Eric Clapton wrote it about his feelings for Pattie Boyd (while she was still George Harrison's wife. OOPS). I love the panic in his voice during the first section. You can hear the urgency and distress of a heart in conflict with itself. Plus it has pretty much the coolest opening riff of all time (its my fav for sure). Then it switches to the instrumental piano section. Notice the soft guitar wailing in the background. It says more than his lyrics ever could.

What'll you do when you get lonely
And nobody's waiting by your side?
You've been running and hiding much too long.
You know it's just your foolish pride.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

I tried to give you consolation
When your old man had let you down.
Like a fool, I fell in love with you,
Turned my whole world upside down.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

Let's make the best of the situation
Before I finally go insane.
Please don't say we'll never find a way
And tell me all my love's in vain.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.


Anthem of dirty mistresses everywhere.

Im totally naming a kid this but not after this song song of the day: "Jamie" by Weezer. I actually like Dashboard Confessional's cover of this song better than the original. I love the name for a boy or a girl. Maybe ill have one of each, like Pete and Pete but more confusing and cruel.

Weird timing award: "The Ballad of Michael Valentine" by The Killers. I just finished watching "This is It" with my mom. Weird. Mallo gave me this one and ive always thought it was a fun little story.

With your new suit and your black tie,
Hold on you're just a gambling man
All proper, like
Well I broke to the right,
And I caught your eye
Shut your mouth and wave goodbye
Tonight,
I ain't gonna let you rain on this parade


Hidden Gem: "Running Up That Hill" by Placebo. His voice in this song reminds me of the lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie. I got this track on a mix CD from a friend, so i just had it titled "Track 20." Im happy i know what it is now, and will be listening to it more. Its beautiful.

You don't want to hurt me,
But see how deep the bullet lies.
Unaware that I'm tearing you asunder.
There is thunder in our hearts, baby.
So much hate for the ones we love?
Tell me, we both matter, don't we?

You, be running up that hill
You and me, be running up that hill
You and me won't be unhappy.

'C'mon, baby, c'mon, c'mon, darling,
Let me steal this moment from you now.
C'mon, angel, c'mon, c'mon, darling,
Let's exchange the experience, oh...


Lead singer of Placebo, Brian Molko - I think im in love




More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,288
Days to Go: 313
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!