Demo Blog

Day 55

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

*Show You Love - Jars Of Clay
Pumpkins And Paisley - The Spinto Band
Pulling Teeth - Green Day
I've Got A Feeling - The Beatles
One Step Beyond - Karsh Kale
Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You) - Little Caesar & The Romans
Green Acres Theme Song - Showtunes
Little People - The White Stripes
Welcome - The Who
*I'm Looking Through You - The Beatles
Cornography - Brad Paisley Feat. James Burton & The Kung Pao Buckaroos
*Is This It - The Strokes
You Can't Do That - The Beatles
Too Much Monkey Business - The Yardbirds
Daring Daylight Escape - Caedmon's Call
*Just Stay - Kevin Devine
Perfect Situation - Weezer
Burning Man - Third Eye Blind
Story Of My Life - Loretta Lynn
Boogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste Of Honey
When Can I See You - Babyface
Staring At the Sun - TV on the Radio
So Post All 'Em - Yacht


Amazing Way to Start the Day (Hey that rhymes!) Award: "Show You Love" by Jars Of Clay. I was telling my sister that i need more/better Christian music on my iTunes. I have been scanning the Christian radio stations and not really loving a whole lot. This is one of the songs i DO love, the message lyrics and music all are inspiring. Great way to start the day :)

Gold Star: "Is This It" by The Strokes. I listened to this album every morning on the bus to school for prob 2 months straight. I loooooved it and still do. This song.... its so fucking classic. I go back and forth when i sing it - sometimes i like "Is this it?" to be a question that asks "Is this really all your going to give me? really?" Other times its "Is this the moment where it all happens?" and still others to be "Is this what ive been looking for?" If you listen to it you will see what i mean. It works in a lot of different contexts.

Reminds me why I Love The White Stripes song of the day: "Little People" by The White Stripes. I mean, check out these lyrics:

There's a little girl who says bing bing bomb
There's a little girl who says bing bing bomb
hello
oh, oh

There's a little boy with a spider in his hand
There's a little boy with a spider in his hand
hello
oh, oh

There's a little girl with the red shoes on
There's a little girl with the red shoes on
hello
oh, oh

There's a little boy with twenty five cents
There's a little boy with twenty five cents
hello
oh, oh

And there's a little girl with a tiger on her bed
There's a little girl with a tiger on her bed
hello
oh, oh

There's a little boy with nothin' on his mind
There's a little boy with nothin' on his mind
hello


Thats it. Thats the song. How effing ridiculous and simple is that? im sure he has some big meaning behind it but seriously... its about nothing. And thats why i love it.

Almost Gold Star: "I'm Looking Through You" by The Beatles. It came on during my commute right as i started heading down the mountain (you know, the crazy curvy road where it turns into 2 lanes one way and you fly at 75 to 80 mph past all the lame slowpokes in the right hand lane). I couldnt help but smile HUGE and turn it up. Great lyrics for feeling SLIGTHLY bitter haha:

I'm looking through you, where did you go
I thought I knew you, what did I know
You don't look different, but you have changed
I'm looking through you, you're not the same

Why, tell me why, did you not treat me right?
Love has a nasty habit of disappearing overnight


Note: This is NOT directed at anyone. I just like the lyrics, im not trying to subliminally send messages. Ok. Just clearing that up.

Hidden Gem: "Daring Daylight Escape" by Caedmon's Call. I have loved this song for a while but could never find it on my iTunes. It was given to me on a Mix from Schen and i didnt get around to labeling the tracks titles and artists. Soooo for the longest time it was "Track 08 on Mix 5 from Schen." Not easy to find when you want to. Now itll be in rotation for sure. Check it out.

104 plays on my iTunes play count and counting award: "Just Stay" by Kevin Devine. This song reminds me of May '08, when i was getting clean. The song meaning is so obvious, but its not only the lyrics that get me. Its the passion they are sung with. When he hits the ending refrain i lose it - he gets it. You can tell he knows what he is talking about it and has felt it. Hear it here. Question for the audience: do you think that he is asking the girl/boy he loves to stay, asking the high from the drugs to stay, or asking himself to stay himself a while longer?

That would be bad for your eyes song of the day: "Staring At the Sun" by TV on the Radio. This song seems to either be about sex or death. But really, whats the difference?

i am the conscience clear
in pain or ecstasy
and we were all weaned my dear
upon the same fatigue

staring at the sun
oh my own voice cannot save me now
standing in the sea
it's just one more breath
and then down i go

your mouth is open wide
the lover is inside
and all the tumults done
collided with the sign
you're staring at the sun
you're standing in the sea
your body's over me


I recommend downloading this one for sure. It gets better each time you hear it.


More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,217
Days to Go: 310
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!