Demo Blog

Day 39

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Forget About You - Dierks Bentley
*Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) - The Beatles
Title and Registration - Death Cab for Cutie
Everything I Own - 'N Sync
People to People - State Radio
Paper Pieces - Michelle Branch
*Lullaby - Shawn Mullins
Love Is A Crime - Anastacia
Helplessly Hoping - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Dill Koke Vich - Ryan Singh
Could I Be You - Matchbox Twenty
Love Letter - Kevin Michael
Me & Charlie Talking Miranda Lambert
Spiderwebs - No Doubt
Angie - The Rolling Stones
Dance Along The Edge - Concrete Blonde
I Can't Do It Alone - Taye Diggs & Catherine Zeta-Jones
Mister Cellophane - John C. Reilly
Wraith Pinned To the Mist - Of Montreal
Baby, Let Me Follow You Down - Bob Dylan & The Band
*Burndt Jamb - Weezer
Down Once More/Track Down This Murderer - Andrew Lloyd Webber
Shake Your Pom Pom - Missy Elliott

Funniest shit of the day award: "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)" by The Beatles. This song is hilarious when you listen to the words. Hahaha i just love it, i really do. Plus there is this big inside joke with me, Mia Nicole Taylor, and Tara Maria about Norwegian Wood and seagrass eating fish. "Dont touch my tree!" hahahaha. You had to be there.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine,
We talked until two and then she said: "It's time for bed"
She told me she worked in the morning and started to laugh.
I told her I didn't, and crawled off to sleep in the bath


Its basically my life story in a nutshell.

ALMOST Gold Star: "Burndt Jamb" by Weezer. I really struggled with this one today. I wanted to give Weezer the victory, but i just couldnt do it. This song is still amazing though. It shows off how they used to have the "emote through the electric guitar that im yearning but im too timid to act cuz im a queit geeky outcast: thing down. They lost it after Maladroit i think. Thats why i love old Weezer to death. They knew the power of the unspoken. Check it out.


I had NO IDEA that Michelle Branch sang this song "Paper Pieces." It sounds like a grungey girl band from the late mid-nineties! But indeed, its our Michelle. Did you know? Am i the only one in the dark here? (I apologize in advance for the strange youtube picture of her and a baby)


Gold Star: "Lullaby" by Shawn Mullins. Its a 90's fan favorite! Plus with lines like "She's seen her share of devils in this angel town," how could you not enjoy it? Download it here if you dont have it. I think its mandatory music.

Back to back award: "I Can't Do It Alone" by Taye Diggs & Catherine Zeta-Jones THEN "Mister Cellophane" by John C. Reilly. REALLY????? Dudes. These are both off of the Chicago Movie Soundtrack! Im not going to do any math to calculate the chances of this happening, but im sure its slim. I love when iTunes does this kind of stuff. Nice job playlist!

Disturbing usage in a commercial song of the day: "Wraith Pinned To the Mist" by Of Montreal. Mallo gave me this track a couple of years ago. Its a fun poolside kidn of thing. Then to my horror one day i heard it on an ad for outback, with the lyrics changed to "Lets go outback tonight..." WHAT THE HELL? Its not okay. Sigh. Why do they do this to me?

Tobey McGuire tribute award: "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt. I have noticed that when it comes to No Doubt i love their singles, but pretty much hate everything else. Strange right? Gwen is hot. Totally off topic but she is. im just sayin. Mmmm.

Hilariously misheard lyrics award: "Me & Charlie Talking" by Miranda Lambert. Okay so the first couple times i heard this song i didnt pay close attention to what she was saying. So when i sang along out came something like "Papa says we mate when we go walking, but thats just me and Charlie talking". Turns out that is inaccurate. I guess the real words are sometime like "Oh the promises we made when we were walking." Whatever. Mine's better.

Facebook Status Song of the day: "Angie" by The Rolling Stones. If you havent noticed, i have a tendency to pull out lyrics from songs on this list and make them my status on facebook. I only do it when they seem profound for some reason that day. Or if i want people to think im cool and the lyrics are cool. I do that a lot too. It makes me cool right? This is one of my favorite songs by The Rolling Stones.

All the dreams we held so close
Seemed to all go up in smoke
Let me whisper in your ear
Angie, Angie
Where will it lead us from here?
Angie, don't you weep
All your kisses still taste sweet
I hate that sadness in your eyes
But Angie, Angie
Ain't it time we said goodbye?


Ill Timed Broadway Musical song of the day: "Down Once More/Track Down This Murderer" by Andrew Lloyd Webber. I was trying to study for chem while this was playing... it was really distracting slash confusing.

Im off to see Jaleh! Woo hoo! More to come tomorrow


Songs Left: 7,590
Days to Go: 326
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!