Demo Blog

Day 49

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

*Only In Dreams - Weezer
(The Legend of) Miss Baltimore Crabs - Michelle Pfeiffer
Camel Walk - Southern Culture On the Skids
Sticky Teenage Twin - Snow Patrol
Why Bother - Weezer
Social Disease - Bon Jovi
DLZ - TV on the Radio
Maybe Angels - Sheryl Crow
Brilliant Disguise - Bruce Springsteen
*Broken Boy Soldier - The Raconteurs
Hasya Kare - B21
The Woman In You - Ben Harper
Tennessee - Sugarland
It's Up To You - The Moody Blues
Somebody Knows You Now - Brad Paisley
You Can Leave Your Hat On - Randy Newman
I Forgot To Remember To Forget - The Beatles
Just Got Paid - 'N Sync
Over The Hills And Far Away - Led Zeppelin
Daylight - Coldplay
The End Has No End - The Strokes
*Cupid's Chokehold - Gym Class Heroes
The Rumble - Orchestra

Badass baseline award: "Only In Dreams" by Weezer. This is a track where the lyrics fit perfectly with the instrumental elements and the delivery. I could listen to it all day:

You can't resist her.
She's in your bones.
She is your marrow
And your ride home.

You can't avoid her.
She's in the air... in the air
In between molecules of
Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide.

Only in dreams
We see what it means.
Reach out our hands.
Hold onto hers.
But when we wake
It's all been erased.
And so it seems
Only in dreams.


This is one i would download if you are into any mellow alt rock.

Absurd reference to dessert snacks award: "Camel Walk" by Southern Culture On the Skids. You guys know this one. Its the one thats like "Little Debbie, Little Debbie, you make me wanna walk..... like a camel." Remember this? yeah there you go. Btw, how fantastic of a band name is Southern Culture on the Skids? im so jealous i didnt come up with it.

Hidden Gem: "DLZ" by TV on the Radio. Another great mallo song. I always forget its name, which kind of isnt my fault I mean, its three letters that dont make sense to me. Lemme google it - DLZ is an acronym for "designated launch zong" or "Drop Landing Zone." Sooo it would apprear the song has some wartime themes. (duh). Okay good, question answered. Life can resume as usual.

I kinda dig it song of the day: "Maybe Angels" by Sheryl Crow. I kinda dig it.

Makes me wanna write lyrics and learn guitar song of the day: "The Woman In You" by Ben Harper. I dont listen to a lot of his stuff but hearing this song again makes me want more music by him,;

Some things never.., change
Some things never stay the same
But you're so
You're so innocent
I'll take all the blame
How I hate to remember
For that means the day..., is past
Sometimes I wonder if I know her
Or if I really need to ask
Or if I really need to ask


And that is just one verse. Listen to this one for sure.

Drunk on Scotch Tape award: "Somebody Knows You Now" by Brad Paisley. Once again, inside joke to mallo and schen. "You dont know me! You dont know my barn!" hahahahaha

I remember listening to this song in 6th grade, singing along like i knew what the hell i was talking about award" "Just Got PAid" by 'N Sync. I was a douchey kid. NOW, on the other hand, i feel like this song is something i can relate to a little more:

Check the mirror, lookin' fly
Round up the posse, jump in my ride
Radio rockin', hottest jam
Feel the rhythm, pump up the sound

Just got paid, Friday night
Party hoppin', feelin right
Booties shakin', all around
Pump that jam, while I'm gettin' down


hahahaha im sorry, im sorry, its just sometimes i cant even take myself seriously.

Led Zepplin is the shit. check out the guitar solos in "Over The Hills And Far Away." And sorry for the trippy video, sometimes these things just need to happen.

I wish this was the last song on my Blog Playlist: "The End Has No End" by The Strokes. Hearing this one sends me right back to mornings on the high school bus. Ahhhh memories.

Gold Star: "Cupid's Chokehold" by Gym Class Heroes. I was having a horrible day (and still kind of am), but this song got me to smile. It actually got me to break out a Cheshire cat grin and do my head bobbing, lip syncing while walking to class routine. It makes me think of Marcie and our V-days together (yes, i have actually celebrated the holiday, though i still hate it). Plus its just, like, SO super fun! (*she said in an overexaggerated but totally, like seriously-like enthusiastic valley girl voice). If you dont have this track, get it ASAP!

More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,358
Days to Go: 316
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!