Demo Blog

Day 48

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Okay, so as i was getting ready to the first few songs i noticed how the hits kept coming, back to back. No break from 4 or 5 star songs. It continued until i had to leave for class. Then i got in Edward (my car, not a person. Just clarifying...) and realized i still had the heart shaped balloon from the restaurant in the back seat. I drove off anyway, deciding it wouldnt be too distracting. It kind of took on its own personality in a few miles and was creeping up front to say hi to me. So i weighed down the string with my book bag and let it ride passenger side. After a while i was just cracking up at it, it seriously was acting so HUMAN. I may have talked to it a little... but dont worry, i was laughing at my ridiculous insanity the whole time. At one point i compared it to Wilson, which made it smile. Then another time i asked it if we could get through in a carpool lane and he liked the idea of trying. Um.... i think im mentally unsound. But its SO MUCH FUN being me sometimes that its okay. Hahahahaha oh buddy, my little balloon. Heres today's list:

I Told You I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse
*First Time - Lifehouse
I Move On - Catherine Zeta-Jones & Renée Zellwegger
*Is It Any Wonder? - Keane
*All of My Days - Alexi Murdoch
Casey Jones - Grateful Dead
Feel Good Time - Pink & William Orbit
Do You Know Me - John Mayer
*The World Has Turned And Left Me Here - Weezer
Goodbye To Romance - Ozzy Osbourne
Can't Buy Me Love - The Beatles
Give it to You - Eve ft. Sean Paul
Carrie - Europe
*Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
Summer Of 69 - Bowling for Soup
Gunship Politico State Radio
*Downpour In Cairo - Bad Company
Still I Dig - Meghann Robinson
Shop Around - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
One Hand, One Heart - Tony & Maria
As I Lay Me Down - Sophie B. Hawkins
I Got You - Stone Temple Pilots
Time Has Come Today - The Chambers Bros.

Kickoff to the greatest Blog list streak to date award: "I Told You I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse. Lauren played me my first Amy Winehouse song back in '06 (what the eff, thats 4 years ago??) before her big break into fame. It was this same song, and she said she loved how sexy it was. I still agree and remember that day. Today, This song has started what will become known as the Great Streak of February 2010. It is freaking me out with its back to back hits! Check out the next 5 consecutive songs:

- "First Time" by Lifehouse. A great love song to a new love interest or the Lord. I love dual meanings.

- "I Move On" by Catherine Zeta-Jones & Renée Zellwegger. A classic from one of my favorite broadway to movie adaptations

- "Is It Any Wonder?" by Keane. The theme song of my life early summer '07. It still hits me with a little bitter pang.

- "All of My Days" by Alexi Murdoch. An asheville classic, through and through. I cry tears of wonderment just hearing it.

- "Casey Jones" by Grateful Dead. My inner hippie SCREAMS with delight when the sound of a deep inhalation starts in the first seconds. AHHH! its casey jones! Fantastic

So you see, this is how my day started. Then the balloon festivities. Its the recipe for a stellar day :)

Hahahah inside joke award: "Do You Know Me" by John Mayer. This one is for Schen and Mallo. You dont know me! You dont know my well! hahaha oh D.O.S.T.... we would have been so youtube famous

WEEZER!!! song of the day: "The World Has Turned And Left Me Here" by Weezer. I was just telling a friend last night about my old love for old weezer. This song reminds me of why they spoke so strongly to me in my 7th and 8th grade hayday.

I talked for hours to your wallet photograph
And you just listened.
You laughed enchanted by my intellect
Or maybe you didn't.


See, Rivers is delusional like me! lol. Its just less lonely this way.

Classic Dad song of the day: "Can't Buy Me Love" by The Beatles. When my dad and i started to spend more time together (i was in high school around then) we realized how much we had in common musically. He had instilled a deep love for the Beatles in me when i was young young. We would always jam to them when we drove somewhere and it was just the two of us. He would sing the high harmony, i would belt out the lower harmony, and we would let the stereo take the melody. This one always sounded BOSS.

Audio Sex Award: "Give it to You" by Eve ft. Sean Paul. Its fun, its sexy, its dance-a-licious.

Cheesy 80's love ballad of the day: "Carrie" by Europe. This one kind of ruined the streak of AWESOME i was having, but i tried to get into it anyway

I read your mind, with no intentions
Of being unkind, I wish I could explain
It all takes time, a whole lot of patience
If it's a crime, how come I feel no pain.


Pretty deep for a cliche power ballad, right? I love pleasant surprises in my music.

And the streak RETURNS with "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson! Holy hell! (wait....) This stuff is crazy, im sooooo giddy over this list :)

Wake up slow... Mmmhmmm wake up slow

Cool cover of the day: "Summer Of 69" by Bowling for Soup. Its a cool cover.

Rediscovered Gem Award: "Downpour In Cairo" by Bad Company. I burned their greatest hits album to my iTunes in high school and went through a DEEP Bad Company phase. I dont listen to them much now, but this one used to be a favorite of mine. Its got a sick driving beat blended with awe striking finger picking. Download this one if you like anything similar to Dave Matthews Band, The Eagles, or John Butler Trip.

Take me inside, lay me now
I'll love you now and always
Give me a sign or let me go
Just don't leave me here in the rain
I said don't leave me here in the rain


Hidden Gem: "Still I Dig" by Meghann Robinson. You probably havent heard this song - i got it off her myspace music page. I dig it though. (get it? dig it? the songs called "still i dig," and i said dig in another context in reference to the song! .... lame....)

Wow, i really like this song award: "As I Lay Me Down" by Sophie B. Hawkins. I have found it beautiful enough (though cliche, but meh) to share the entire lyrics:

It felt like springtime on this February morning
In the courtyard birds were singing your praise
I'm still recalling things you said to make me feel alright
I carried them with me today, Now

As I lay me down to sleep
This I pray
That you will hold me dear
Though I'm far away
I'll whisper your name into the sky
And I will wake up happy

I wonder why I feel so high
Though I am not above the sorrow
Heavy hearted
Till you call my name
And it sounds like church bells
Or the whistle of a train
On a summer evening
I'll run to meet you
Barefoot barely breathing

As I lay me down to sleep
This I pray
That you will hold me dear
Though I'm far away
I'll whisper your name into the sky
And I will wake up happy

It's not too near for me
Like a flower I need the rain
Though it's not clear to me
Every season has its change
And I will see you
When the sun comes out again

As I lay me down to sleep
This I pray
That you will hold me dear
Though I'm far away
I'll whisper your name into the sky
And I will wake up happy
)

More to come tomorrow

Songs Left: 7,405
Days to Go: 317
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!