Demo Blog

Day 81

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Leaves That Are Green - Simon & Garfunkel
Aaja Sajna - Singh MC - RDB
*Inside Out - Eve 6
Please Please Me - The Beatles
Quite - Alien Ant Farm
OAM's Blues - Aaron Goldberg
Comin' Right At-Ya - Michael Manson
Chagrin - Pennharmonics
Naked As We Came - Iron and Wine
Stella Theme - Craig Wedren
Checkered Floor - Silversun Pickups
*Mrs. Robinson - The Lemonheads
The Danger In Starting A Fire - A Day To Remember
Love The One You're With - Stephen Stills
You Can't Get That Suff No More - The White Stripes
Bheer Breaks - Panjabi MC
This Time - Jonathan Rhys Meyers
*Love and Some Verses - Iron and Wine
Silver Lining - Rilo Kiley
Dominance And Submission (Live) - Blue Öyster Cult
When The Sun Goes Down - Kenny Chesney
The Hippy Hippy Shake - The Beatles
Why You Mad At Me - T.I.
Girl For All Seasons - Maureen Teefy And Lorna Luft


Rediscovered 90's hit of the day: "Inside Out" by Eve 6. I couldnt believe how many words i know of this song without ever having actually paid attention. I love the line "I think sick like gingerale." Here is another favorite:

swallow my doubt
turn it inside out
find nothing but faith in nothing


Amazing lyric right? The song really is full of them.


Hidden Gem: "Please Please Me" by The Beatles. Okay, i never realized how strong the "lets have sex" theme is in this song. I mean, maybe i was just being innocent before but COME ON!

I don't wanna sound complainin',
But you know there's always rain in my heart (in my heart).
I do all the pleasin' with you, it's so hard to reason
With you, whoah yeah, why do you make me blue.

Last night I said these words to my girl,
I know you never even try, girl,
C'mon...
Please please me, whoa yeah, like I please you.


Right? right? "Why do you make me blue" equals blue balls. Am i right or am i just taking this the wrong way cuz im a 13 year old?


Sims song of the day: "Checkered Floor" by Silversun Pickups. There was a black and white checkered tile floor in the original sims game that i used all the time for kitchens. Sims lovers make some noise!!! I couldnt find a screenshot with the exact flooring but i found this one that sent me wayyy back:

reppin' it old school yo


Double Mint Gum award: "Naked As We Came" and "Love and Some Verses" by Iron and Wine. Its two songs by the same artist! Double the pleasure, double the fun! I totally can get down with Iron and Wine anytime. Its great easy listening.


Graduate award: "Mrs. Robinson" by The Lemonheads. Great cover. I almost think i like it more than the original. GASP! In fact, i know i do. This was almost the gold star, just out of sheer love for the song. But sadly, there was another who won me over. Close call though.


Glen Hansard Wannabe song of the day: "This Time" by Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I love the entire August Rush soundtrack, including this one. It really reminds me of the Once soundtrack though.


Amen sister song of the day: "Silver Lining" by Rilo Kiley. This song lately has been one of my themes. It emanates a lot of things i was feeling last week:

And the grass it was a ticking
And the sun was on the rise
I never felt so wicked
As when I willed our love to die

And I was your silver lining
As the story goes
I was your silver lining
But now I'm gold


To me the song tells a story of someone who is living to be the "silver lining" of their love's day. And after a while they realize they dont want to be someone elses silver lining, they want to be something for themselves too. So they learn how "to be gold." Im trying my best to learn to be gold.


Gold Star: "Love The One You're With" by Stephen Stills. hahahahaha. This one wins simply for its timing. It came on at the perfect moment this morning. Fan fucking tastic. Ill let it speak for itself.



More to come tomorrow.


Songs Left: 6.602
Days to Go: 284
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!