Demo Blog

Day 70

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Pale Bride - The Von Bondies
Untouchable Face - Ani Difranco
London Town [Demo] - Donovan
Glass Onion - The Beatles
Good Day Sunshine - The Beatles
*Modern Day Swinger - The Pink Spiders
He Will Break Your Heart - Jerry Butler
Moonage Daydream - David Bowie
Closing Time - Semisonic
Street Fighting Man - Rod Stewart
Hell - Tegan & Sara
Come On Santa - The Raveonettes
Gone - Kelly Clarkson
Sexy Ladies Let Me Talk To You Prelude - Justin Timberlake
*Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) - Junior Walker & The All Stars
Do You Feel Like We Do - Peter Frampton
Puth Jatt Thaa (Street Mix) - Jassi Sidhu
Gora Gora Rang - RDB
Shine A Little Love - Electric Light Orchestra
More Than Local Boys - The Matches
*Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
*Stop Draggin' My Heart Around - Stevie Nicks


I finally get it award: "Untouchable Face" by Ani Difranco. I sang along to this one today and you know what? i finally get it. Thanks Ani, having this song helped a little.


Strange timing award: "London Town (Demo)" by Donovan. Ive been listening to this all week, and then BAM. Its on the playlist. Strange.


Good morning song of the day: "Good Day Sunshine" by The Beatles


Hidden Gem : "Modern Day Swinger" by The Pink Spiders. They had me at the first chorus. Effing badass:

Yeah my baby's pretty as a car crash
Sexy as a stinger of a hornet in your arm
Just another modern swinger
Screaming "catch me if you can"
With a cigarette in hand and it's love
It's heavy and it hurts and it's love


Check out the video here.


Deja Vu award: "Closing Time" by Semisonic. Didnt we, like, JUST listen to this song the other day? If only i had a way to find out, like an easily available daily log of each day's playlist kept somewhere safe.... dammit. I guess we will never know.


Invokes my rage song of the day: "Street Fighting Man" by Rod Stewart. I fucking hate Rod Stewart.


Gold Star: "Nothing Compares 2 U" by Sinead O'Connor. Im shocked that this one beat "Iris," but stranger things have happened. I think its because i have less memories tied to this one - less tragic connections built up in the melody. I was reconsidering this songs Gold star status while on the slopes, but then i came back and watched the video.

GOLD STAR

Um, does anyone else have a strange urge to go watch V for Vendetta? imma get on that. Brb.

Oh and speaking of Natalie Portman, watch this. Your welcome.


I think this might be the actual Gold Star: "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls. Actually im sure its the true gold star. I changed my mind. But dont tell sinead, im afraid she will fucking cut me. She looks like she could do it. Or she will write me a song and record herself in a black turtleneck singing it to me. Either way we should keep this gold star business between us k? thanks. So IRIS. What a song:

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
'Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
And you bleed just to know you're alive


I mean right? Gold Star. Totally. (DONT TELL SINEAD)


Sweet duet song of the day: "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" by Stevie Nicks. She and Tom Petty sound great together. Its fun, cuz sometimes he goes up higher than she does. I think these two are both sexy. And talented. They should have babies. Ill write them a letter and let them know i want them to have babies. That should do the trick.


So today I found some badass photos on a guy's blog - here is one of my favorites

photo by Shawn Richardson

If you want to check out some of the others, or get more info on how this one was taken, go to this site.


More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 6.862
Days to Go: 295
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!