Demo Blog

Day 77

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Oooooo, good list! The Gold Star is gonna be a hard one today. Damn.


*Pinch Me - Barenaked Ladies
The Past And The Present - Locksley
You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim) - Rod Stewart
Nine In The Afternoon - Panic At The Disco
Lonely Men Built Lonely Cities - Jaymay
Flat Top - Goo Goo Dolls
Meet Me In The Dark - Melissa Etheridge
*All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
If I Never See Your Face Again - Maroon 5 Feat. Rihanna
I Need A Man To Love - Big Brother & The Holding Company
The Good Life - Kanye West
Little Maggots - The Matches
Grin - Guster
Dreams in Digital - Orgy
Change Your Mind - The All-American Rejects
Don't Mess With Bill - The Marvelettes
*Blanket - eagleowl
The Lemon Song - Led Zeppelin
Woman - Maroon 5
Smoke - Natalie Imbruglia
Warning Sign - Coldplay
Photograph Of You - Sugar Ray
Back To Black - Amy Winehouse


Pro-partial nudity award: "Pinch Me" by Barenaked Ladies. This one is a favorite of mine for sunny warm days. It helps me remember when i was a kid, running around barefoot in the sprinkler. The lazy kind of days without deadlines or pressures from a million places. The dream that was childhood. The dream that is any good day or goody time. But then, eventually, someone always pinches you.

It's the perfect time of day
To throw all your cares away
Put the sprinkler on the lawn
And run through with my gym shorts on.
Take a drink right from the hose
And change into some drier clothes
Climb the stairs up to my room
Sleep away the afternoon.



Turn up the volume! award: "Nine In The Afternoon" by Panic At The Disco. I listened to this song all the time last summer, right around when i got my new car stereo installed. It sounds amazing in there, and really showed off my new subwoof thing. (subwoof thing... im so technically knowledgeable in the field of stereos....). Im kind of over the song right now but loved it last summer.


Shoot my brains out song of the day: "You're In My Heart (The Final Acclaim)" by Rod Stewart. Rod, please shut the fuck up. You are such a douche. My hatred for him grows every day, im so serious. Okay... so i saw a pic of him recently and noticed with old age he and barry manilow are starting starting to merge into one person. See below.


Mr. Stewart

Mr. Manilow

Freaky right??? I know. Totally freaky. They must have the same plastic surgeon.


Cool song of the day: "Flat Top" by Goo Goo Dolls. Look it up, its worth a listen.


Gold Star: "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers. Come on! This song is GREAT! Its got drama, its got multiple melody shifts, its got a pounding bass line, and it has a black chorus group singing at the climax! How could this not be gold star? "I got soul but im not a soldier" = amazing line. Here are my other favorite lyrics:

I wanna stand up, I wanna let go
You know, you know - no you don't, you don't
I wanna shine on in the hearts of men
I want a meaning from the back of my broken hand


Old ringtone song of the day: "The Good Life" by Kanye West. This used to be my ringtone over the summer. PERFECT summer ringtone. The only problem is now everytime when i hear the chorus i think my phone is ringing.


Linus award: "Blanket" by eagleowl. This is a slow song that uses a lot of stringed orchestral instruments. I love anything with a violin, so it pulls at my heartstrings (hahahah pun totally not inteneded but now that i read it its pretty corny). The lyrics are kind of hard to understand in places except the line "Hold on for your life." The music says all you could need to know though. Hear it here (make sure you have tissues.)


Favorite song of today day song of the day: "Back To Black" by Amy Winehouse. I listened to this one a couple of times. It has such a SEXY instrumental arrangement going on. I love the visual on going "back to black" as far as an emotional analogy. Amy is totally believable as a victim of bitter heartbreak. Great job man, i love it. Download it here.

We only said good-bye with words
I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to black



More to come tomorrow.


Songs Left: 6.697
Days to Go: 288
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!