Demo Blog

Day 67

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

So one of my besties and i were once again discussing geeks vs. nerds. ive had this convo with a lot of people, so i wondered what the ole world wide web had to say. This site cracked me up with its seriousness and step by step approach. Here are some google definitions:

GEEK: a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc...Slang for an intelligent but socially inept person.

NERD: a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities... A person who, although having good technical or scientific skills, is introspective and generally introverted

DORK: A quirky, silly and/or stupid, socially inept person, or one who is out of touch with contemporary trends. Often confused with nerd and geek, but does not imply the same intelligence level

Which do you think is better, Geeks or Nerds?


*Tearin' Up My Heart - 'N Sync
Jagga - Mac-G
*Wildflowers - Tom Petty
Twee Dee Dee - Adam Green
Home Life - John Mayer
Mas Es Amar - Enrique Iglesias
For No One - The Beatles
U and Dat - E-40
Missing You - Tegan and Sara
Munsters TV Theme - The Ventures
Living in Your Letters - Dashboard Confessional
....Off By Heart - City & Colour
A Lover's Holiday - Change
Summertime - Big Brother & The Holding Company
*Happy Together - The Turtles
Under Control = The Strokes
Photographs & Memories - Jim Croce
Tell Me What - Fine Young Cannibals
I'm A Believer - The Monkees
I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City - Harry Nilsson
My Heart Is A Soldier - The Juliana Theory
Under the Gun - The Killers
Eli's Coming - Three Dog Night
Joy - Apollo 100 (Featuring Tom Parker)


Gold Star: "Tearin' Up My Heart" by 'N Sync. How could this song NOT get the gold star? Gorgeous singers and hilarious video aside, the song actually has a nice meaning. It is kind of a remake of "With or Without You" by U2, but meh. 'N Sync has never really been that original. I wanna point out that Justin Timberlake is only 16 in this video. JAILBAIT!


They were so much cooler than BSB, for realz


Almost Gold Star: "Wildflowers" by Tom Petty. If you dont have it than for the love of God or whoever you pray to DOWNLOAD THIS! It is life changing.


Break up song of the day: "For No One" by The Beatles. Wikipedia (which is always factual) had this to say about the song's background: "McCartney recalls writing "For No One" in the bathroom of a ski resort in the Swiss Alps while on holiday with his then girlfriend Jane Asher. He said, 'I suspect it was about another argument.'" DUDES - im at a ski resort! is it lame that i find this to be a rare cosmic occurrence worthy of all caps and exclamation points? it is? Oh. okay. whatever. Thanks for taking the wind out of my sails. Super nice of you guys.

And in her eyes you see nothing
No sign of love behind the tears
Cried for no one
A love that should have lasted years



Most lyrically relevant to my life today song of the day: "Missing You" by Tegan and Sara. Read the lyrics here.

Mas Es Amar - Enrique Iglesias. Okay so i love this song (duh, its enrique). This is his song "Sad Eyes" but in spanish. Or so they told me. I did a little research when i realized "Mas Es Amar" does not translate to "Sad Eyes." Here are the lyrics of the english version. Cuteish right? kind of cheesy but alright. Here are the lyrics of the spanish version. Hmmm, dont read spanish? (haha who does? its practically a dead language). I translated them using the oh so reliable website FreeTranslation.com. Check these fuckers our:

You pass naked before my better cell
to silence and that me do not understand
Are the queen in any place and I
me abandonment, if your want to play but

But is to love
But is to love

With as much as morbid curiosity drop you
Turning on fire at sunset
I do pirouettes in your thumb
But that is all, I cannot pass

Because But
But he is to love

Do not you suffer, all goes well
That river already I crossed
Drink me the entire as rain of April
But to the better volcano to leave it to sleep

You think that this is a comes and goes
And think well, but that but gives
smile who asks but?
Today is today, tomorrow is perhaps

You look at, perfume France
Whisper me and I will fall to your feet
Gray moon in your skin
Know that I do what I should do

But is to love
But is to love
But is to love
But is to love


Soooooo yeah. Theres that. Um, not anything like the english version, but i have to say even in broken english its 100 times better than "Sad Eyes," It is kind of dark, mysterious, and beautiful with its use of imagery. I like it.


Imagine Me & You award: "Happy Together" by The Turtles. There is this lesbian themed romantic comedy titled "Imagine Me & You" staring Piper Perabo (yum) and Lena Headly (DOUBLE yum). This song is featured in it and its all i could think about while listening to it. So cute:


You really should try and see it if you havent already. "YOURE A WANKER NUMBER NIIIIINE!!!"


Hidden Gem: "I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City" by Harry Nilsson. This reminds me of some Don Mclean songs that i love.


NRA song of the day: "Under the Gun" by The Killers. This is one of three tracks from the limited edition of Hot Fuss, all of which have been given to me by mallo. See why she is so amazing? I used to listen to this one on runs and it kept me at a great pace (yes, i did used to be an active person. i played soccer, a physically demanding sport that required training and exercise. shocking i know). In more recent times ive found a connection to the lyrics that takes a good song and makes me hear it as great:

Yeah she's got a criminal mind
He's got a reason to pray
His life is under the gun
He's got to hold every day

Now he just wants to wake up
Yeah, just to prove it's a dream
Cause she's an angel for sure
But that remains to be seen

Because heaven sends and heaven takes
Crashing cars in his brain
Keep him tied up to a dream
And only she can set him free
And then he says to me

Kill me now, kill me now, kill me now, kill me now



Another under song of the day: "Under Control" by The Strokes. I love The Strokes first two albums, so anything from them makes me smile. You should try to give this one a listen - its a pretty unique song i think.


So dad and i watched Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope tonight. Best effing movie ive seen in a long time. i forgot how much i looooove Episode IV. Im a total Star Wars Geek, if you didnt know already. Han Solo is the most badass badass ive ever seen. Love that guy. While googling around about the film i stumbled upon this.... its just.... its.... just listen:


I cant even explain it.



May the force be with you (I AM SUCH A GEEK). More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 6.932
Days to Go: 298
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!