Demo Blog

Day 71

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Swingtown - Steve Miller Band
Escape (remix) - Cyne
Shera Vargi Jaan (Herbie Sahara) - RDB
Harvest - Neil Young
Have Mercy - Loretta Lynn
Walcott - Vampire Weekend
Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson
Death Letter - The White Stripes
Tonight - Jean on Jean
This is Home - Switchfoot
Don't Look At Me - Stacie Orrico
Peace - Weezer
Money - Pink Floyd
I Go Back - Kenny Chesney
Last Good Time In Town - The Eagles
Should I Stay or Should I Go? - The Essential Clash
Deadbeat Holiday - Green Day
*Under The Blacklight - Rilo Kiley
Hey Sandy - Polaris
Summer Blue - Money Mark
Sour Girl - Stone Temple Pilots
Streets Of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen
*Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - Amy Winehouse
Rollin' - Buffalo


Heterochromia awareness award: "Behind These Hazel Eyes" by Kelly Clarkson. My left eye is dark dark brown, and my right eye is a very nice green-hazel. So everytime it plays i sing "behind this hazel eye" and crack myself up. I felt like that was a funnier story than it turned out to be.... Ooops.... awkward silence....


Hidden Gem: "Tonight" by Jean on Jean. I found this last night VIA iTunes shuffle and thought "wow, a great song ive never lsitened to before." Then it pops up on today's playlist. How fun is that? I couldnt find the lyrics online (GOOGLE FAIL) so i tried to type what i could understand below. i think i did a pretty good job, but check out the YouTube video and see if you can correct any mistakes.

alarm to pull
i cant be fooled
its alright
it makes me feel like im not running
out of time

no no no no no no

tonight after we said goodbye
i listened to the radio
on my drive
and the way the songs did cry
made me stay and stay
in my parked car
i just sat there and listened
while the rainy pavement glistened
and it didnt seem like a decision
to stay

somedays these days im so in love with colors
and sound
and the haze its seems to grab
and reminds me of
when im so young

tonight everything seemed alive
the road shrunk down to the song in the sky
and the lights of the city shined
and the lit the way
on my walk home



Sleepover song of the day: "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" by The Essential Clash. Dude, just man up and stay the night. There. Done. This song could be over in 20 seconds. "Darling you got an extra toothbrush? Sweet. Lets bone." DONE.


Bust out the glow sticks award: "Under The Blacklight" by Rilo Kiley. I used to own 2 different blacklight tubes and a blacklight bulb. What can i say? I was a cool hippie chick. During that phase i got into Rilo Kiley. This was my favorite of theirs for a long time, and not just for the blacklight references. Check it out.

when you get sober
will you get kinder
cause when you get uptight
it's such a drag

when I get older
i won't remember
until that day comes
i've got something on you

under the blacklight
out in the garden
into the pale moon
i'll be waiting


Ill be waiting.


Dance Senorita award: "Hey Sandy" by Polaris.

*DEH DEH DEH deh da deh deh deh*
Hey smiling strange! Youre looking happily deranged!
A here and shable to shimmyd shimby....
Or happy pa ge go tarzan yet HEY SANDY!


At least thats how it goes in my head. This is the Pete and Pete theme song, if you are uncool and did not already know that. If you do not know what Pete and Pete is i need you to leave. Now. Please dont read this blog again.



some buff guy on google images (at least thats where i found him) actually got the petunia tattoo... oh god hes giving me ideas




Gold Star: "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" by Amy Winehouse. One of my favorite covers. She sounds so in pain. So full of questions. So on the edge of rapid hopeloss. Oh sigh. I love this one. Listen here. Try not to cry (unless you arent a baby like me.... then you should probably be good).


More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 6.838
Days to Go: 294
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!