Demo Blog

Day 79

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Woodstock - Joni Mitchell
Season of the Witch - Richard Thompson
Wanted - Alan Jackson
16 Candles - The Crests
*Dammit - Blink 182
*Santa Monica- Everclear
Pheli War - Bally Jagpal
You and I - Justin McRoberts
Get Loose - T.I.
I Dreamed There Was No War - The Eagles
Melatonin - Silversun Pickups
*Everlong (Acoustic) - Foo Fighters
Make Love To Me For Ever - Snow Patrol
Dejalo - Rilo Kiley
Something More - Sugarland
Work It Out - Jurrasic 5 feat. Dave Matthews
Sailing To Philadelphia - Mark Knopfler & James Taylor
We Both Reached For The Gun - Richard Gere, Renée Zellweger, Christine Baranski, Cleve Asbury, Shaun Amyot, Rick Negron, Taye Diggs & Cast
In The Flesh? - Pink Floyd
First Date - Blink-182
Saints and Sinners- Kane Roberts
Big Distraction - No Doubt
*Say You Love Me - Fleetwood Mac
*Samson - Regina Spektor


Guitar hero song of the day: "Dammit" by Blink 182. This song came on and i had to go play it on guitar hero, on drums. Its my fav. Then dad and i played The Beatles one for an hour haha. I love saturday mornings! Dammit is one of the songs that i sing so loudly with such intensity (usually when driving) that i get tears in my eyes. The lyrics are seriously some moving stuff:

The steps that
I retrace
the sad look
on your face
The timing
and structure
did you hear
he fucked her?
A day late
a buck short
I'm writing
the report
On losing
and failing
when I move
I'm flailing now

And it's happened once again
I'll turn to a friend
Someone that understands
Sees through the master plan

But everybody's gone
And I've been here for too long
To face this on my own
Well I guess this is growing up
Well I guess this is growing up


I mean, what post adolescent person cant identify with that a little bit? Damn. I love it.


OOOHHHH award: "Melatonin" by Silversun Pickups. So this is a song that i love but the title has always been a mystery to me. I wikipedia-ed it (for ultimate scientific acuracy) and heres what i came up with: "The melatonin signal forms part of the system that regulates the sleep-wake cycle by chemically causing drowsiness and lowering the body temperature." Soooo theres that. And i guess people can take supplements to help combat jet lag and insomnia. How does this relate to the lyrics?

She ran into the wall
So sweet and unknown
A worn comatose

After six milograms
We're talking again
Who would know
Sweet and so low
Who would know

My brain doesn't produce any
I'm soaring without anything


Im thinking they are trippin on melatonin. Just a guess, lol.


Sweet instrumental tune of the day: "I Dreamed There Was No War" by The Eagles. This is a gorgeous 2 minute track. Listen to it here.


Ridiculously fun country song of the day: "Something More" by Sugarland. Ready for a surprise? i LOVE country music. I do. Its a somewhat closeted love affair, but im working on bringing it into the light. I jammed to this song all day and couldnt get enough.

Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate
I believe that happiness is something we create
You best believe that I'm not gonna wait
'Cause there's gotta be something more

There's gotta be something more
Gotta be more than this
I need a little less hard time
I need a little more bliss
I'm gonna take my chances
Taking a chance I might
Find what I'm looking for
There's gotta be something more



Hidden Gem: "Get Loose" by T.I. I have been jamming to a lot of rap lately, most of it stuff ive gotten from cawr (props cawr). I just made a mix CD of mostly rap and ive loved driving around p-burg with the windows down blasting it at red lights. Yep. Im officially THAT person now. Whatevs yo. They cant touch this, nobody got swagga like me.


Almost Gold Star: "Say You Love Me" by Fleetwood Mac. I fell in love with this song the first time i heard it, and have been playing it all the time since. It has sappy lyrics but is honest in the sentiment. Plus its right in my vocal range so i have a blast jamming to it in the shower! Bonus points!


Gold Star: "Samson" by Regina Spektor. Um, this song is amazing. And i just got my hair cut off today. Like OFF off. Its ellen short. Its amazing. Im in love. Back to the music - This is one of the songs i can put on repeat and cry to for hours (shut up, you know you do it too). I have always found some gay themes in it, but im probably projecting lol. Read the lyrics and see what im talking about. This song reminds me of the first girl i fell for, and how i had to finally face my attraction to women. You should download it if you dont have it, it is well worth having.

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first, I loved you first
Beneath the stars came fallin' on our heads
But they're just old light, they're just old light
Your hair was long when we first met




More to come tomorrow.


Songs Left: 6.649
Days to Go: 286
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!