Demo Blog

Day 69

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Hey guys.... know what today is? its DAY 69!!! WOO HOO!!! 69!!!

Okay, now that im done being a 13 year old boy, here's today's playlist (aka DAY 69's playlist!!! 69!!!):


I Think I Smell A Rat - The White Stripes
You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison - My Chemical Romance
Maggie's Farm (Live) - Bob Dylan
The Handshake - MGMT
The Impression That I Get - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Till There Was You - The Beatles
Follow You Down - Gin Blossoms
Din Raat - Jassi Sidhu B21
Mucky Fingers - Oasis
Photograph - The Verve Pipe
Still Raising Hell - Ted Nugent
Plush (Acoustic) - Stone Temple Pilots
*Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
Alegria - Salvador
Sons Of The Silent Age - David Bowie
That Means A Lot - The Beatles
I'm Lost Without You - Blink-182
NJ Leigon Iced Tea - A Day To Remember
Desparately Wanting (Acoustic) - Better Than Ezra
Folk Singer - The White Stripes
Mirza - Surjit Sagar
*Across the Universe - Fiona Apple
Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys


Google Search Goddess award: "Alegria" by Salvador. I didnt have the title or artist for this one, so i had to google search the lyrics. But um... its in SPANISH. So somehow i managed to find it. im pretty impressed with myself (what else is new).


My drive really really fast song of the day: "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" by My Chemical Romance.


90's song of the day: "Follow You Down" by Gin Blossoms.


Makes me cry and get all sappy award: "Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones. I was all kinds of wrapped up in her whole "Come Away With Me" album in high school. I just couldnt get enough of it. Then last spring i worked the carving station in the dinning room for Sunday brunch buffets and had to hear this album on 2 to 3 times in one shift. That kind of took care of that. But this song still retains its hold on me. It reaches deep DEEP in and takes hold of my "lay tangled in the bedsheets with the one you love while the early morning sun streams in and paints soft light on their face while you sweetly whisper i love you and kiss their cheek and hold on like you will never let go because that instant is your forever" part of me. Gross, isnt it? Dont tell anyone k? Cool.

Come away with me in the night
Come away with me and i will write you a song

Come away with me on a bus
Come away where they cant tempt us with their lies

I wanna walk with you on a cloudy day
In fields where the yellow grass grows knee high
So wont you try, to come?

Come away with me and we'll kiss on a mountain top
Come away with me and i'll never stop loving you

I wanna wake up with the rain falling on a tin roof
While im safe there in your arms
so all i ask is for you to

Come away with me in the night
Come away with me



Cool acoustic song of the day: "Desperately Wanting (acoustic)" by Better Than Ezra. Its cool. And acoustic.


Surprisingly deep song of the day: "I'm Lost Without You" by Blink-182. I forget that every once in a while Blink has a slow, deep song.

I'll leave my room open till sunrise for you
I'll keep my eyes patiently focused on you
Where are you now I can hear footsteps I'm dreaming
And if you will, keep me from waking to believe this



Gold Star: "Across the Universe" by Fiona Apple. This song would be gold star even if it wasnt featured in my favorite movie of all time, Pleasantville. She does a fantastic job with this Beatles cover. Ive often thought about getting a "Jai guru deva om" tattoo, which translates "thanks to the Divine teacher." Plus its a lyric from a badass song. AKA cool. Duh. The refrain of "Nothing's gonna change my world" is so deliciously ironic when paired with the film Pleasantville. I could rant and rave about the movie for hours, but one of the main reasons it is my number 1 is the music. I dont just mean the songs featured in the film, i mean the film score itself. Here is a little taste, the suite from Pleasantville

YOU GUYS - LISTEN TO THIS



So you may or may not be aware of my obsession with Current TV's "Target Women" segments starring Sarah Haskins. They are satires on what the messages the media conveys about being a perfect woman. AKA Hilarious. I had a mini marathon today (since laughter makes me feel better) and ended up with some amazing quotes:

On exercise: "its time to exercise and its important to wear exercise outfits that match. Cuz if the whole purpose of exercise is looking cute than look cute while you do it, okay? duh. its not brain surgery."

On Lifetime's Snapped series: "'one day chatting as screen name iwanttobelaid...' subtle"

On Chick Flicks: "Shes in for a surprise when unlikely suitor, high concept high jinx, unnecessary obstacle, true love, happy ending!"

See why i love her? Here is one of my favorite segments:


"Wanna go light my mom's expensive candle?"


Oh and guess what? today's post is DAY 69!!!! in case you forgot. Thanks. (69!!!!!!!)


More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 6.885
Days to Go: 296
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!