Demo Blog

Day 5

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

DAAAYYYYY 5. Lets do it!

(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty - K.C. & The Sunshine Band
Anna (Go To Him) - The Beatles
You're Not My God - Keith Urban
*Smash Lies - Matisyahu
Guilty - Gravity Kills
Whores - Jane's Addiction
Surfin' U.S.A. - The Beach Boys
You're All I Have - Snow Patrol
Time Of The Season - The Zombies
Questions - INXS
Let's Face It - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Walking Away - Craig David
You Are the Music In Me - Gabriella & Troy
*Monsoon - Tokio Hotel
Twist And Shout - The Isley Brothers
*It Looks Like Love - Josh Rouse
In Thee - Blue Öyster Cult
Bron-Yr-Aur - Led Zeppelin
*Mother's Little Helper - The Rolling Stones
What It Is to Burn [*] - Finch
Pâte Filo - Malajube
All You Wanted - Michelle Branch
City Of Women - Robyn Hitchcock
Never Meant - Alien Ant Farm

Surprising disliked song of the day: "Whores" by Jane addiction. I really dont like it, its confusing and all over the place. Which is disappointing, because i LOVE "Jane Says." Plus with a title like whores i thought it would be phenomenal

Here are some great lyrics from "You're All I Have"

You're cinematic, razor sharp
A welcome arrow through the heart
Under your skin feels like home
Electric shocks on aching bone
s

and

There is a darkness deep in you
A frightening magic I cling to


i love this whole Snow Patrol album!

Who's-Your-Daddy? award: "Time of the Season" by The Zombies. It gets this reward because it actually says "Whats your name? Who's your daddy? Is he rich like me?" Effing PIMP. I can just imagine the men of the 60's jamming to this while playin some game with a hottie yo. A+ synthesiser solo at the end.

Hahahaha song of the day: "Questions" by INXS. When it started i thought "Oh no, another one of those fucking banghra Indian songs i downloaded." Then it turns out to be INXS. hahah soooo random, Not a horrible song though, short and sweet. i kind of dig the instrumental sections.

Guitar Hero award: "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel. I didnt know the song existed before Legends of Rock came out for Wii. I always make Schen-lah play it with me, so she put it on one of her mixes for me. I LOVE THIS SONG. im sort of upset that when i listen to it all i can picture is a moving fretboard with green, red, yellow, blue, and orange dots. And freakish anime cartoon lead singers and guitarists swaying in fake stage light. But i love it none-the-less. Download it for sure.

Running through the monsoon
Beyond the world 'til the end of time
Where the rain won't hurt
Fighting the storm into the blue
And when I lose myself I think of you
Together we'll be running somewhere new
And nothing can hold me back from you
Through the monsoon


"Walking Away" by Craig David is actually a really nice song. He did that song "Fill me in" in like 2000 ish. Remember that one? anyone? "Why were you sleepin round late last night? Why could i see two shadows moving in your bedroom light? Now you re dressed in black when i left you were dressed in white, can you fill me in?" I want to point out that i just typed that from memory, no google lyric search needed. But yeah, "Walking Away" is a great song.

Stuck in my head all day now award: "You Are the Music In Me" from High School Musical. IM SO PISSED.... i hate when this happens. its just embarrassing on top of annoying you know? like, i will be singing this in an hour while at work. I dont need that, i have a reputation to uphold. I blame Schen.

Ive had "Looks Like Love" by Josh Rouse for a while but never put in the song title or artist. So it was known as Track 15 for a while, which meant i could never find it. I really like this one Schen, it makes up for the whole HSM thing i was mad about a few minutes ago. My bad.

Hidden Gem: "In Thee" by Blue Öyster Cult. I think this is the first time ive heard it, but i love it already.

Well, I'll wrap myself in cities I travel
I'll wrap myself in dreams
I'll wrap myself in stranger's arms
But I wish I could wrap myself
In thee


DUDE award: DUDE. "Bron-Yr-Aur" by Led Zeppelin. BAD ASS guitar track. Its like 2 min 6 sec worth of mind blowing finger picking guitar-idge. Love it.

For any other Nurse Jackie fans- "Mother's Little Helper" :)

"Pâte Filo" by Malajube = kick ass french song

"Most Influential Friend Award" Update:
Songs from Schen-lah so far: 6
Songs from Mallo so far: 1
Songs from Dubs so far: 3

any of you three sweating yet? even i honestly dont know who has given me the most. i guess we will find out by December! I cant believe ill be doing this all year. if i can pull it off it will prove once and for all how effing stubborn i am (as if there is any doubt) More to come tomorrow.

Songs to go: 8,391
Days Left: 360
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!