Demo Blog

Day 4

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Can i just say that these 4 days in January have already given me soooo much hope for 2010. Its been AMAZING so far, and i know its going to just keep getting better. FUCK 2009. Seriously, worst year ever. Sigh. Oh and today my boss Faith told me that she liked my blog. Except she disagreed with me on "Jukebox Hero." I decline to comment :) she also jokingly told me to put The Philips Hotel's commercial on here. While i couldn't find a file for the commercial online, i can at least link you to this short news story about our kick ass hotel and restaurant. Thats for you Faith! Here we go with the play list:

Ghost (Nobody Remix) - Grampall Jookabox
*Downfall - Matchbox Twenty
Little Drummer Boy/Hot Hot Hot - Wyclef Jean
Get Down Tonight - K.C. & The Sunshine Band
Rock The Boat - Hues Corporation
The Breaks - The Black Keys
Raw Power - The Stooges
Two-Timing Touch And Broken Bones - The Hives
Crinsk Dee Night - The Beatles
Never Had Nobody Like You - M. Ward feat. Zooey Deschanel
Crawling - Linkin Park
Strange Desire - The Black Keys
Savior - The Everybodyfields
Trampled Under Foot - Led Zeppelin
*You Keep Me Hangin' On - The Supremes
Mr. Soul - Buffalo Springfield
You Can Sleep While I Drive - Melissa Etheridge
Skin Deep - Melissa Etheridge
Reunited - Peaches And Herb
Good - Better Than Ezra
*Shake Our Tree - The Rosebuds
Taxi - Harry Chapin
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
11:11 P.M. - The All-American Rejects
*New - No Doubt

"Downfall" by Matchbox Twenty is a song that i would have been obsessed with 2 years ago. it reminds me of so many of the feelings i was dealing with.

Here we go again
Ashamed of being broken in
We're getting off track
And I want to get you back again
I want you to trouble me
I wanted you to linger
I want you to agree with me
I want so much, so bad
Come on
And lay it down
I've always been with you
Here and now
Give all that's within you
Be my savior
And I'll be your downfall


its a great Matchbox song, i never gave it much attention. Ill be sure to listen to it more often now.

horrible Christmas song award: "Little Drummer Boy/Hot Hot Hot" by Wyclef Jean. When he started singing "Ole ooole, ole oooole" i was just confused. How do you go from a Christmas song to that? Then at the end he was freestyling and actually said ' "People in the party feeling hot hot hot, bill clinton feeling hot hot hot, hilary clinton feeling hot hot hot" WHERE did that come from? i need to know. totally random.

mood booster of the day: "Rock the Boat" by Hues Corporation. It reminds me of this time with Mia; we were singing it all day... i cant even remember why. I think we were cleaning my room while listening to my Disco Box Set (naturally). Hahaha we also played Blondie's "Heart of Glass" 20 times on repeat, never being able to understand any of the verses. hahaha "semi toe ron, and it flay no lass, semi toe rooon, my heart of glass"

"The Breaks" by the Black Keys has some SERIOUS soul guitar. So does "Strange Desire." I downloaded three of their albums after hearing they were like The White Stripes. I dont think they are that similar, but i love the simple blues style of this duo. Daniel Auerbac, the guitarist and vocalist, knows how to emote through his guitar riffs. It makes for some great lazy day listening. Check them out.

Can we talk about the visual and emotion implications of the lyric "two timing touch and broken bones?" I really love it.

"Crinsk Dee Night" is just a minute long audio file of an interview between The Beatles and some dude, so no worries. Its not some amazing lost track that the world has never heard of.

Dislike Button (a la Facebook) song of the day: "Crawling" by Linkin Park. Its a live version... and loud... and he yells a lot. Not my style. Plus it gets stuck in my head if i listen to it for too long... DAMMIT

Gold star of the day: "Keep Me Hangin' On" by The Supremes. Im so glad Glee did a great job with this song, its a classic and one of my favorite Supremes songs. Its a must have for any music library (just click to listen or right click, then chose "save target as" to download). I could listen to it any day and NEVER skip it. Thats love :)

Back-to-Back award: "You Can Sleep While I Drive" and "Skin Deep" by Melissa Etheridge. So I'm in the shower having... you know... some "me time" and right as i finish Melissa comes on. I effing lost it, laughing my ass off at how stupid it was. I love her for all she has done and stood for, i really do, and i think she is a great female rock god and all that. But some of her music is so LAME. I guess i thought that since i was gay that i had to put the her entire discography on my iTunes. I was wrong. Horrible idea.

Harry Chapin's "Taxi" = 6:43 worth of agony. its just some effed story about him, an aspiring actress, and getting stoned while driving. Not at all related to the late 70's early 80's sitcom Taxi. Very disappointing.

I feel like im bitching a lot today, but really it isnt that bad. There are just a few songs i hate having to listen to the whole way through you know?

Ohhhh, thats THAT song award: "New" by No Doubt. Ive heard it a million times and really like the song, but i didnt put 2 and 2 together when i was looking over today's play list. Its such a 90's thing, not knowing the name of a song OR the artist but knowing every word of the chorus (but no one understand any verses and it STILL doesnt matter, you make it up as you go and rock the few parts you kind of know). haha i miss 90's rock/ska bands.

And you're consuming me violently
And your reverence shamelessly tempting me
Who sent this maniac?
'Cause I never had this taste in the past

Oh you're different, you're different from the former
Like a fresh battery, I'm energized by you

Don't let it go away
This feeling has got to stay


Thats it for tonight. More to come tomorrow. ( i just realized i always sign off with that - it was totally non intentional)

Songs to go: 8,414
Days left: 361
2 comments more...

2 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!