Demo Blog

Day 20

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

DDDAaaaaayyyy 20. im still sick. lame. heres the list:

Dirt Off Your Shoulders(remix) - Lil Wayne
*Waiting... - City & Colour
Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg
Jugni (Malkit Singh - The Mix of All Mixes) - Malkit Singh
Love To Love You Less - Nikka Costa
Holiday - Weezer
56 Bars - T.I.
*Bedshaped - Keane
Tripping Billies - Dave Matthews Band
Run Run Run - The Velvet Underground
Super Mario Bros Super Show Theme Song
Back In My Arms Again - The Supremes
Liver and Tan - Braids
Down - Stone Temple Pilots
*Island - The Starting Line
I'm Just A Man - INXS
America's On Sale - Alix Olson
What Have They Done to My Song Ma - Melanie
Now that I'm Gone - Charles Bradley & The Bullets
Hard Feelings - The Constantines
Tocatta & Fugue (D Minor) - Bach
Kaliedoscope - Death Cab for Cutie
King Planet - Fold Zandura
Pinball Wizard - Rod Stewart


Make me feel pimp star: "Dirt Off Your Shoulders(remix)" by Lil Wayne.

As im struggling to get up and brush my teeth, "Waiting..." by City and Colour starts playing. The first line of the song?

A coma might feel better than this.

HAHAHA great. good. lovely start to the day.

Make me cry every time award: "Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg. It reminds me of this youtube video i saw of sweet love messages and pictures set to this song. And it reminds me of the person i sent that video to..... sigh....

Sampling Star of the day: "Jugni (Malkit Singh - The Mix of All Mixes)" by Malkit Singh. This song samples beats from "Billie Jean" and "It takes two," plus a bunch more i cant quite recognize. Kind of a fun song, if youre in the mood for Bhangra.

As im packing up knives to take for my chicken testing project today, this line from "Love to love you less" by Nikka Costa plays:

But much to my horror,
You aint the sharpest knife in the drawer.


WTF today? too many perfectly timed lyrics, its freaking me out.

Morning commute award: "Liver and Tan" by Braids. Another one ive never really listened to but now i love. It came on as i was driving over the mountain and seemed profound. i listened to it on the night drive home and it had a totally different yet equally powerful effect. It would be a graat "playing in the background at the end of the movie while the protagonist recites a life lessons learned monologue" kind of song.

SOOOOO i was at the bus stop on campus by east halls trying to catch a ride to west campus right? Two buses had already been filled and there were STILL some of us who didnt fit and had to wait for the next one. It was already 9 as a blue loop slows at our stop. we crammed SO MANY PEOPLE on there it had to have been illegal. So im squished and standing surrounded by pissy college kids and you know what song starts blasting from my ipod? "Tocatta & Fugue (D Minor)" by Bach. Why do i even have this song?!?! hahah it was so loud, i couldnt reach my ipod so i just said fuck it and enjoyed the trippy dramatic orchestration as the bus swayed back and forth at stop signs. What a trip.

Amazing lyrics award: "America's On Sale" by Alix Olson. Its some witty shit. here are the lyrics, its too much to type.

Gold Star: "Island" by The Starting Line. I LOVE THIS SONG. it reminds me of bright summer days, beaches, and hope. download this one for sure.

Hidden Gem: "Bedshaped" by Keane. The last few of their songs that made the playlist were not making much of an impression on me. THIS ONE is fantastic though, especially the piano on the chorus. the music video cracks me up though - total tim burton wannabes.

Hmmmm maybe i like this band award: "I'm Just A Man" by INXS. Ive noticed myself liking a lot of their stuff lately. hmmm. INXS. who knew? I still think the band name is stupid though. im just sayin.

"King Planet" by Fold Zandura always reminds me of this movie "Extreme Days" that my sister always watched. it was a fun movie, from what i can remember. "im sorry jessie, i tried everying." i still quote that part pretty much once a week.

Every time i write my blog i start to worry that im making huge grammatical and spelling errors. Which has led me to this realization. People who understand and practice good grammar intimidate the shit out of me. i will never be one of you, im sorry. i fear and respect you though. just know you kind of scare me. thanks.

Good times song of the day!: "Tripping Billies" Dave Matthews Band.

Eat, drink and be merry
For tomorrow we die
'cause we're tripping Billies


More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 8,054
Days to Go: 345
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!