Demo Blog

Day 25

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

Day 25!!! Wow, its going well so far i have to say. I knew i would stick with it - im a little on the stubborn side haha. I cant believe its been almost 600 songs! cool. this is fun. Thanks to those who read it, it means a lot. I hope you have found some cool songs through this! okay cool, heres todays list. its a good one :)

Even Angels Fall - Jessica Riddle
Back For Good - Take That
Lucy - Hanson
Naina - Lil Sach
Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Flipper - Television's Greatest Hits V1
Any Colour You Like - Pink Floyd
Nasha Jawani Da - Ryan Singh
Pig - Dave Matthews Band
Cross My Heart - The Rocket Summer
Shape I'm In - The Band
With Me - Lonestar
*Here We Go Again (acoustic) - Paramore
Heart Of The Sunrise - Yes
*Oh Lately It's So Quiet - OK Go
Always Know Where You Are - BBMak
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp - Led Zeppelin
*Only The Good Die Young - Billy Joel
Supposed to Be - Jack Johnson
Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured - Arctic Monkeys
I Guess You're Right - The Posies
Bye Bye Bye - 'N Sync
Gravity - Josh Turner
Exquisite - Tyga Ft Lil Wayne & Gata

Catchy and easy award: "Even Angels Fall" bu Jessica Riddle. I got this off of the 10 Things I Hate About You soundtrack. Its worth a listen, it has some fun lines and is applicable to a lot of kinds of days/moods.

OMG do you remember this song? song of the day: "Back For Good" by Take That. Hahaha such a classic, listen for free here. your welcome. Summary of the song? The guy doesnt know why the girl is mad, doesnt know what he did, but wants sex so sings that he is sorry for whatever it was, she was right, he is an idiot, lets have sex, Basically.

Glee award: "Proud Mary" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Now, i am a fan of Glee, but im a little mad that its what comes to mind at first when i hear this song. All i see are teenagers dancing in wheelchairs. But once i push past that im happy. I have this vivid memory of this song from a night in Punxsy. Taylor and I went to our friend's apartment downtown with some guys for a little party. It was a blast, lots of pong and good conversation. We were DJing VIA youtube, and i remember playing this song for everyone. We jammed to CCR for a while after. It was the kind of moment that breathes youth.

Big Tuna Award: "Flipper Theme Song" by Television's Greatest Hits. How deliciously random is this? Did you know "Flipper died a natural death he caught a nasty virus"? Name the source of this lyrics for 3 points!!



STUDS.

Fun in the sun country jam award: "With Me" by Lonestar. I have a soft spot for country music, much to my father and sister's disappointment, I blame Luke, my 9th grade BF, and all his alan jackson! This song is sweet, i never listened to the words much before

You are a lazy summer day on a porch swing
You are a night running wild on the town
My red Ferrari racing me down a back street
My pick-me-up when I'm a little bit down
No matter where I go, whatever dice I roll
Baby, this I know

When you're with me
I feel like singing
It's like I'm swinging the whole planet on the end of my chain
Oh, when you kiss me
My head starts spinnin'
It's like you're sending the adrenaline
Straight to my brain
And it feels right as rain
All my worries wash away
When you're with me


Cheesy? yes. Cliche? yes. Do i care? no. Still totally love it :)

Its always disorienting when a song plays from Dark Side of the Moon, because the album doesnt really have breaks. Yes, they broke it into tracks, but i feel like you cant listen to it as anything but a whole. It flows continuously, so when "Any Colour You Like" ended i got confused. Where is "Brain Damage"? confusing.

Are we there yet? award::"Heart Of The Sunrise" by Yes. Seriously guys, 11 minutes is overkill. sigh. I dont think i like Yes very much.

Hidden Gem: "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" by Led Zeppelin. I havent really given this a listen before today but dig it. My friend Jillian says The White Stripes remind her of Led Zeppelin sometimes, and with this track i can definitely hear it. This song isnt to be confused with "Bron-Yr-Aur", another great track. It turns out they both are Welsh for "hill of the gold". Nice random bit of rock trivia right? Check it out. (right click and press "save target as" to download)

Ripped from a youtube video song of the day: "Here We Go Again (acoustic)" by Paramore. My sister has a program that can record audio from any site/video/whatever. She hooks me up with tracks when i make special requests. (like my live version of The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars, and my badass live duet of Thunder Road with Bruce Springsteen and Melissa Etheridge). Im glad she did this one for me, it is softer than the album version. Love it.

Gold Star: "Only The Good Die Young" - Billy Joel. DUH.

Cool song of the day: "I Guess You're Right" The Posies. If you like the grungier 90s alt rock you would probably dig this. It exudes a Bush, Stone Temple Pilots, Collective Soul kind of vibe.

Silver Star:"Oh Lately It's So Quiet" - OK Go. DOWNLOAD THIS. you will love it, trust me.

Whose house, are you haunting tonight?
Aw, Whose sheets you twist?
Aw. Whose face you kiss?
Whose house, are you haunting tonight?



More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,913
Days to Go: 340
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!