Demo Blog

Day 31

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

*The Taste of Ink - The Used
Back In The U.S.S.R. - The Beatles
*Sweet Jane - Lou Reed
This Time Around - Howie Day
Blue Jay Way - The Beatles
Dear Mr. Fantasy - Graham Nash & Steven Stills
How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) - Marvin Gaye
I Just Want To Celebrate - Rare Earth
I Only Have Eyes For You Ella Fitzgerald
Hold Me - Weezer
Are You Ready - Creed
Rings Forever - Dr Zeus
A Shot Of Rhythm And Blues - The Beatles
Teenage Love - Magic Wands
I Promise You (With Everything I Am) - Backstreet Boys
Powderfinger - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Days Without Paracetamol - Snow Patrol
Larger Than Life - Backstreet Boys
Never My Love - The 5th Dimension
Handbags And Gladrags - Rod Stewart
Kangna (Acoustic Mix) - Dr Zeus
Busted - The Black Keys
So Beautiful - Pete Murray

Gold Star: "The Taste of Ink" by The Used. Hands effing DOWN. i love this song. I guess they wrote it about when they were struggling to get their big break. My favorite part?

In this sea of lonely
The taste of ink is getting old
It's FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE FUCKING MORNING
Each day gets more and more like the last day


Im a sucker for well placed F bomb.

Not so subtle euphemism award: "Sweet Jane" Lou Reed. This is a live version and i dig it as much as the original. It paints a great picture of a world swirling in smog inactivity.

Oh, all the poets they studied rules of verse
And those ladies, they rolled their eyes


That verse is for someone in particular - i think you know who you are. txt me about it when you read this so i know you are still stalking me. I just like to double check these things (im so secretive right?)

Kind of Hidden Gem: "I Only Have Eyes For You" by Ella Fitzgerald. I didnt appreciate this song as much as i did today... i guess i heard it with new ears.

Judging a book by its cover award: "Teenage Love" by Magic Wands. Doesnt that title just make you want to like the song? i mean seriously, it looks like its going to be great right? it wasnt that fun but whatevs. Im okay with it.

HAHAHAHAHA wow, that reminds me of last night award: "Larger Than Life" by Backstreet Boys. Sooooo im PRETTY sure that C.C. (aka Mama Celeste) and i were singing this song last night. A cappella. In harmony. hahah we kind of had a mini concert.... it was amazing. This one sounded really good (according to us that is, but the factuality of this is debatable). Freaking memorible man.

Kill Me Now song of the day: "Powderfinger" by Neil Young & Crazy Horse. This was so painful to sit through. Why do they have to make horrible songs that are over 6 minutes long? its just inhumane. Im over it. This stupid song reminds me of a Jimmy Fallon parody that changed my life it was so great. Here it is, for your viewing pleasure:



That kind of makes me feel better about the last 6 minutes of my life.

Beautiful Song of the day: "So Beautiful" by Pete Murray. For anyone who likes Howie Day i recommend trying out Pete Murray. He does a lot of the same acoustic guitar with emo lyrics kind of stuff. Download this one here.

God my fingers burn,
Now when I think of touching your hair


I told you, totaly emo lyrics. I still love it though.

Well, thats all folks! More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 7,773
Days to Go: 334
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!