Demo Blog

Day 21

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

*Leavin' Trunk - The Black Keys
He Was A Friend Of Mine - Willie Nelson
Rejoice - Audio Adrenaline
You Are the Music In Me (Sharpay Version) - Sharpay
Beautiful - Snoop Dogg
To Go Home - M. Ward
Just Like Me - Jamie Foxx feat T.I.
Any Way You Want It - Journey
Cool Enough - Nicole Atkins
*Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You - SR-71
California - Hawk Nelson
Speak Of The Devil - A Day To Remember
*High - Stabbing Westward
I Can't Stand It - The Velvet Underground
Silvio - Bob Dylan
*Lesser Things - Jars Of Clay
Elevation - U2
Whiskey Tears- Dierks Bentley
What's It Gonna Be - Busta Rhymes
Bite Hard - Franz Ferdinand
Maybe - Enrique Iglesias
Makin' Whoopee - Ella Fitzgerald
Listen - Collective Soul
The Eventual Intimate Of So Much Nostalgia - The Prayers And Tears Of Arthur Digby Sellers


Ridiculously nonseasonal song of the day: "Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You" by SR-71. A Christmas song on January 20th? absolute absurdity! i love it :) This track was one i became obsessed with this winter. i probably blasted it every time i got in my car. it sounds soooooo good turned all the way up.

Awesome rap song of the day:" Just Like Me" by Jamie Foxx feat T.I.. Not only is it hilarious but it is basically my life story. im always pimpin, but my shorty aint no slacker, she's got a couple more on the side. its hard livin but its the only way i know how to do. (sorry, that was my inner gangster rapper EP Solid comin out.)

Randomness award: "He Was A Friend Of Mine" by Willie Nelson. This song is from the Brokeback Mountain soundtrack. Can we process this please? Willie. Nelson. okay thanks. and yes, i have the entire soundtrack. Best love story film EVER.

Back in 10th grade dreaming of summer and sun award: "California" by Hawk Nelson. This song is the epitomal cliche of high school soft punk. Hawk Nelson, how i miss you:

I'm not falling for anymore of these tricks,
I'm so tired of everything here,
The sun is calling me to the west,
Everyone's having fun out there,
My bags are packed as I'm looking out the window,
Everything is so outdated here,
I wanna move west where the sun is shining,
I want my friends to all be there,


I mean really. its generic but oh so catchy!

Never listening to again song of the day: "Speak Of The Devil" by A Day To Remember. i HATE when they yell at me! like, why you gotta scream? seriously? i was just telling someone yesterday how i love all types of music except reggae (sorry) and hard metal that screams at me.

Not so hidden gem: "High" by Stabbing Westward. I have loved this song for a while, mostly because of who gave it to me. But i didnt have the song labeled as anything but "Track 2" on this one mix cd, so this was a great surprise. One of the reasons im doing this list is to update my library, adjusting typos and untitled tracks and the like. You know, i think this song gets the gold star:

I can't hide it
I can't find it
When every nerve is
Crying out for release
I can't capture
The rapture
That passion that is
Burning inside me
I've lost so much
Chasing the perfect high
I've lost so much

I've never been as
high as I was with you
Never been so high
I've never been as
high as I was with you
I finally realized
that's a perfect high
That's a perfect high


i miss you. so you know.

Funniest back-to-back combo: "Whiskey Tears" by Dierks Bentley and "What's It Gonna Be" by Busta Rhymes. Sometimes this playlist makes me feel schizophrenic. (im not sure that that is even the right disease, but its what society uses and sounds okay to me)

"The Eventual Intimate Of So Much Nostalgia" by The Prayers And Tears Of Arthur Digby Sellers is one of those songs whose title i like more than the actual SONG. I mean really though, its a fantastic title isnt it? so true. Song is actually growing on me though.

Thats it for today! man, i keep getting through the list faster and faster. the commute over to state is great for analyzing each track and appreciating it.

More to come tomorrow.

Songs Left: 8,006
Days to Go: 344
0 comments more...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!