Demo Blog

Day 12

by thepilge on Nov.22, 2009, under

So i woke up, rushed to work, got home, did HW, talked to dubs, and now need to keep doing HW and reading for class. and its already midnight. Sorry gang, this is gonna be short and sweet. Heres the playlist:

*If Not For You - George Harrison
Clarabella/Skinny Jim - The White Stripes
Fifteen Minutes Old - Snow Patrol
*You're Never Alone - Bad Company
Dig Your Grave - Modest Mouse
Endless Love - Luther Vandross & Mariah Carey
American Gigilo - Weezer
In The Hot, Hot Rays - The Fleet Foxes
Two Silver Trees - Calexico
Belief - John Mayer
Ninety-Nine And A Half (Won't Do) - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Cacophony - Tilly and the Wall
*Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
*Faith Enough - Jars Of Clay
Cheese Danish Dream - The White Stripes
Green Light (Afroganic) - John Legend
Come With Me - P. Diddy
Where Does the Good Go - Tegan and Sara
I'll Be Good For You - 'N Sync
Impersonality - Goo Goo Dolls
Take What You Want - Sense Field
Will You Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles
Jennifer Juniper - Donovan
I'm Always Here (Baywatch Theme Song) - Jimi Jamison
(You're My) Soul And Inspiration - The Righteous Brothers

"If Not For You" by George Harrison confirms that he is my favorite Beatle (little known tidbit there). He didnt write it (Its a Dylan song) but his version is great none the less.

"You're Never Alone" by Bad Company is a little cliche but i still could listen to it anytime of day. I am finding i like a lot more of their music than i realized.

Stab my eardrums until they bleed award: "Endless Love" by Luther Vandross & Mariah Carey. I have been feeling even more angry and hateful towards love lately, so this was NOT what i was in the mood for. totally gross. blah.

Gold star: "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John. Sometimes i forget how much i love his music.

"Will You Love Me Tomorrow" by The Shirelles made me want to listen to the Amy Winehouse version. This then made me cry. Meh, it happens and sometimes you need to let it out. How can you not cry at words like this?

Tonight with words unspoken
You say that I'm the only one
But will my heart be broken
When the night meets the morning sun?


I guess i put a lot of personal pain into the song. The lyrics are like they almost came from my own lips. Now that we are all depressed....

Fabulousness award: "Cheese Danish Dream" by The White Stripes. It is a spoken audio track of Jack White retelling a dream at a concert. I cant even express my love for him, so i will let you experience it for yourself. the dream part starts at 1:20. Enjoy.

"Faith Enough" is one of my top 10 Jars of Clay songs. Ah its great.

Hidden Gem: "Two Silver Trees" by Calexico. I listened to it a few times in Asheville, but i appreciate it more upon the rediscovery.



Sorry for the shortness, ill make up for it soon. More to come tomorrow.

Songs left: 8,219
Days to go: 353
1 comments more...

1 comments

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!